Bioware's Anthem

Soldato
Hasn't been the case with nearly all AAA games? In fact, it's the case in lots of markets, even cars. They make them look as awesome as possible in the initial prototypes for the shows, but then have to adjust to safety regulations, or usability. In the same way developers have to adjust to system specs.

It's marketing 101.

It has, and it is... but didn't the marketing for this game specifically say something to the effect of "this is really what it will look like, no graphical downgrades!"... Pretty sure they aren't explicit like that with other markets because unlike games (so far) you can't make direct claims like that and then be like "we lied" *shrug*

Soldato
Is there any love out there for the Colossus? It started to grow on me during the demo.

once i upgraded mine with armor and sheild reinforcement mods the collossus was a brutal javilin to use, until that point grinding for the mods wasnt fun, the stock collosus is very under armored and i would readly be downed and needed help from teamates to get back in the fight

Soldato
Had some fun in the Tyrant Mine last night with JP (TX on here). Got into a few good teams that knew what to do and others which we "carried" to a degree.

Performance was generally ok apart from in the final boss room. Didn't seem to matter where you were as soon as the boss fired its "Webb" attack my FPS tanked to ~30-35 (1080ti 1440p Ultra settings). Quite jarring it must be said.

Overall I found the experience ok, but need more information before making an informed purchase. The UI, somewhat ropey performance and excessive loading screens took away from what was otherwise enjoyable gameplay (chaining combos with the Storm Javelin was super fun and made you feel genuinely powerful).

Associate
Colossus is a beast with lightning storm & flamethrower.

Did enjoy the game when it worked, however the load screens, slow run speed in fort (I know this is supposed to be fixed for release), & serious connection problems have made me decide to wait untill I see what the next wave of beta testers..... sorry I mean origin premium members say about it after their week headstart.

Tried to do a stronghold 3 times yesterday, got server shutdown message every time. so you cant even rejoin to pick up where u got kicked, add that to randomly getting kicked out of freeplay & it ended up being a frustrating end to the demo, pretty sure that while the vip weekend had problems we managed to do strongholds & freeplay without getting kicked.

Soldato
Strongholds have been buggy as hell booting people out, reports are that EA have some how managed to get your game session to time out and start DDOS their own servers which is what's booting everyone out with the 'server shutdown' message.

I really hope they have this fixed by launch.

Associate
Colossus is a beast with lightning storm & flamethrower.

Did enjoy the game when it worked, however the load screens, slow run speed in fort (I know this is supposed to be fixed for release), & serious connection problems have made me decide to wait untill I see what the next wave of beta testers..... sorry I mean origin premium members say about it after their week headstart.

Tried to do a stronghold 3 times yesterday, got server shutdown message every time. so you cant even rejoin to pick up where u got kicked, add that to randomly getting kicked out of freeplay & it ended up being a frustrating end to the demo, pretty sure that while the vip weekend had problems we managed to do strongholds & freeplay without getting kicked.

That is what I was running on my Colossus for the strong hold, works well but once you come up against enemies with shields it's not very effective.

Soldato
Well i caved and bought a key for PC after enjoying my stint with the Demo over the weekend.

Only played a few hours.

Probably be burnt in the long run somehow, i mean after all its EA.
Are there any good deals out there?

I do enjoy the game but I'm not confident that this is going to be a good launch for EA.
* Based on how recent the demo code was vs the gold version I'm convinced there will be a number of issues that will need to be worked out in the first couple months.
* The performance was so bad I would like to at least wait until there are some optimized drivers released (and see how the gold code runs in review copies).
* Super unsure of the content going forward which will hopefully be revealed in reviews.
* Based on the above, unsure if this game will retain a playerbase.

I guess what I'm saying is that unless there is a great deal out there I'm not going to gamble my money.

Soldato
Are there any good deals out there?

I do enjoy the game but I'm not confident that this is going to be a good launch for EA.
* Based on how recent the demo code was vs the gold version I'm convinced there will be a number of issues that will need to be worked out in the first couple months.
* The performance was so bad I would like to at least wait until there are some optimized drivers released (and see how the gold code runs in review copies).
* Super unsure of the content going forward which will hopefully be revealed in reviews.
* Based on the above, unsure if this game will retain a playerbase.

I guess what I'm saying is that unless there is a great deal out there I'm not going to gamble my money.
MM, keys for nvidia promo are going for £20. Stick an ad in wanted.

Associate
I didn't get on well with the demo. It looks amazingly pretty and seemed to run well, but came across some bugs which stopped me playing the active mission. Don't think I'll be preordering this, I'll bide my time and see how it is at launch. Bound to be an offer on it a few months in once all the creases have been ironed out! ;)

Soldato
Preload is on Wednesday after 18:00.

Got the standard version but also got origin basic so can have 10hrs from the 15th too. Should last me until the 22nd release.

Soldato
Different games for different folks, Anthem isn't going to have any PVP in and is purely PVE (for the time being no idea later down lines)

People can like both but only have time for one

There may be folk who were considering Anthem but have since got hooked on this new free BR instead

Back
Top Bottom