• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus RMA

Associate
Every ASUS board I’ve ever owned excluding my current one ( so far ) has had to be RMAd at some point , in the region of 6-7 boards . All have taken the 4 week wait , gigabyte was a week from postage and ASRock was 2 weeks roughly , the only reason I buy ASUS boards still is they always meet my hardware requirements from IO to features . I don’t touch there GPUs as since direct CU days they are often someone of the worst around there price brackets and have hurrendous support.

Associate
OP
I've been thinking of buying a 1070 Ti MSI Gaming or an EVGA FTW 2, I'm not a big fan of the Gigabyte cards for some reason they just look cheap! I may be way off here though.

Soldato
I never had a Asus card or board that failed under warranty, I had 2 that failed with warranty already expired. (1 MB and 1 GPU)
once I RMA a MSI GPU, took around 28days to get a replacement from MSI, the RMA was through OcUK, I cannot complain as it was expected to take 28 days, but would be nicer if it was less than 2 weeks.

While asus warranty is one of the worst, I think they are the most reliable brand I ever had.
I had more than 30 Asus MBs and so far only one died on me, had probably 10+ GPUs and 1 was faulty but I bought it used and came faulty.

Caporegime
I RMA'd a KFA2 780 6GB card a few years ago, UK RMA base, direct email contact with the tech who was testing the card, a bit of too and fro with him as he couldn't replicate the fault but when I helped him along he identified the fault and initially offered a 970 as a replacement. I said this wasn't acceptable due to the semi classic nature of the vehicle (Sorry!), or should I say the 'premium' nature of the card and he offered a 980 instead which is still going great guns in my son's machine. He's playing SkyRim on it right now actually.

Wow it was nearly three years ago! https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ubstitute-for-6gb-780.18692918/#post-28582736

Associate
OP
It won't. As of a year or two all UK RMA go through the retailer, so don't read too much into people relaying horror stories vicariously through each other. ASUS service is far from stellar, but recent changes bring it to an acceptable level.

Well I was hoping for a quick/better turn around, The retailer informed me that they had tested and sent the card on to Asus on 3rd of July.
#still waiting to hear
What do you :define as acceptable ?

Soldato
Well I was hoping for a quick/better turn around, The retailer informed me that they had tested and sent the card on to Asus on 3rd of July.
#still waiting to hear
What do you :define as acceptable ?

I think mine got processed within a week or two, last time I sent 1080Ti Strix back to OCUK. Depends how much you can't live without it, I guess

Associate
Had email from OCUK 30 min ago, "new card will be sent out asap" 5 min ago dispatced next day FOC.

Gutted its friday so wont be till Monday but still great service from OCUK RMA arrived at OC on 27th June & sent to Asus same day. So looks like was with Asus around 3 weeks.

Associate
OP
Just got the card back before the madness begins. The card was replaced by the retailer because it was faulty (I assume that to mean none repairable), so that took just over 3 weeks from the point the retailer recieved the card, that doesn't include Asus fixing the card and sending it back. I guess that would add at least another week if that were to be the case.
Painfull experience noted!

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom