• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Soldato
So like a lot of you, I pulled the trigger on the VEGA 56 pulse.

Coming from a 980ti so getting a good 10-15% increase (more in some games) plus I can now use FreeSync on my monitor.

Sold the 980ti for £170 so only cost me £120 and I'm more than happy.

Had a few hiccups installing but DDU helped with that.

Only issue I've had so far is that after playing anything '3D', I just get a black screen. I looked around and found that adjusting memory to stay at 500mhz instead of 167Mhz seems to do the trick.

Associate
What a the noise like on the Sapphire pulse? I'm thinking of purchasing one as a upgrade from my Msi 970 gaming which is fairly quiet even on full load.

Under load, it really depends on the noise and cooling of your system as a whole.
Passively it makes no noise, as fans don't spin up until it's over 50 degrees. Using automatic fan settings, my card only gets up to about 60-65 degrees, which causes the fan to spin to between 1300 and 1500 rpm. Although most of the testimonials I read before purchase had temps and fan speeds a lot higher than I seem to get.

I got my card last week, to replace my MSI 970 also. Really pleased with the decision!

Associate
Under load, it really depends on the noise and cooling of your system as a whole.
Passively it makes no noise, as fans don't spin up until it's over 50 degrees. Using automatic fan settings, my card only gets up to about 60-65 degrees, which causes the fan to spin to between 1300 and 1500 rpm. Although most of the testimonials I read before purchase had temps and fan speeds a lot higher than I seem to get.

I got my card last week, to replace my MSI 970 also. Really pleased with the decision!

Good to know! Thanks for the reply, Sounds good to me.

Associate
Hey,

So I bought a gigabyte Vega 56 during black Friday and ended up returning it, but was just to loud.
Looking at the Vega 56 again as Nvidia prices are too high.

Which is the quietest 56 currently?

Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56 is really quiet IMO..

Btw guys if you have issues with Zero RPM not working, just go to Global Wattman, hit 'reset' then 'apply'.. then load your profile again for Zero RPM to kick in :)

Soldato
Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56 is really quiet IMO..

Btw guys if you have issues with Zero RPM not working, just go to Global Wattman, hit 'reset' then 'apply'.. then load your profile again for Zero RPM to kick in :)

Agreed, had this card for awhile now and stupidly quiet even under load.

Associate
Hello :)

I´ve just ordered a Vega56 Red Dragon.
After 15 Years in Team Green I´ll hope it was a good decision. Had a MSI 970 the last 2-3 Years.
Hope for no coilwhine and that my PSU is strong enough ( Be Quiet Straight Power Bqt E7 - 600W )
Also that my I5 4670k @4,2 Ghz is not Bottlenecking too much.

Can´t wait for it :p

Permabanned
I've just pulled the trigger on a Vega 56 Pulse and got mine yesterday. Upgraded from an R9 390 and couldn't be happier with the new card. Especially when I managed to sell the 3 games that for £60.

Very impressed with the design and materials used on the card plus the clocking capabilities. For now I'm running mine on the auto undervolt option in wattman.

Thought my i5-6500 will bottleneck more however it's actually better than I thought.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom