*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Think my weak double overhand grip isn't helping on the regular deadlift. No problems on the hex bar.

Speaking of, developed a weird pain in my palm, almost feels like mild electric shock running down to the bottom of it. Felt it before but really messing with me today as had a high rep deload session with Stronglifts.

Soldato
Think my weak double overhand grip isn't helping on the regular deadlift. No problems on the hex bar.

Speaking of, developed a weird pain in my palm, almost feels like mild electric shock running down to the bottom of it. Felt it before but really messing with me today as had a high rep deload session with Stronglifts.
If you never intend on doing a powerlifting meet then you should consider straps, unless you are sadistic and you should try hook grip.

Soldato
Amazing how much lighter deloading 20% feels on Stronglifts, hell of a pump from upping reps to 10 last night. Also feel it more this morning from doing the "regular" weight :D

Man of Honour
I deloaded squat yesterday approx 10% in order to work on getting depth back and it did feel way lighter and I think was the right strategy.

Caporegime
I've a dodgy back too and there's no doubt the trap bar is less demanding on the back for deadlifts than a normal bar.

See, mines dodgey, but when I did trap bar it made it worse :p

Everyone is different I guess.

My backs in taters atm, weirdly on the day doing my routine I feel fine, but come the evening and next day it's horrendous, so I'm probably going to change it up and switch h a few exercises that previously affect me

Permabanned
Had a real frustrating night last night. Couldn't get on a bench for my chest exercises as they where all taken and the cable station had a whole cable pull out of action. Not being able to get on the equipment I need is becoming a genuine annoyance now. It takes such a huge chunk of time out of my day just to get to the gym in the first place (public transport) and to get there and not be able to do the session is just so disheartening.

Going to have to find another gym AGAIN. 4th one is 6 months... might check out some actual body building gyms near me.

Permabanned

I get the very same thing in my Triceps when I'm doing dips, runs straight down to the centre of my palm. It's not so much painful as it is off putting as hell.

Associate
Haven't touched base for a number of weeks but gym has been going very well.. I'd built up my own workout program after watching Athlean X videos on YouTube (not sure if that's good or not) but I really feel I'm improving.

I do need to tweak a my back and chest workouts as I think I could get more but Legs and Shoulders are going extremely well. Is there anywhere you guys recommend looking at for workout ideas?

I'm eating clean and trying to cut Body Fat % down as I was probably around 20% when I first started and whilst not a lean machine (yet) I'm feeling better all round.

Soldato
Haven't touched base for a number of weeks but gym has been going very well.. I'd built up my own workout program after watching Athlean X videos on YouTube (not sure if that's good or not) but I really feel I'm improving.

I do need to tweak a my back and chest workouts as I think I could get more but Legs and Shoulders are going extremely well. Is there anywhere you guys recommend looking at for workout ideas?

I'm eating clean and trying to cut Body Fat % down as I was probably around 20% when I first started and whilst not a lean machine (yet) I'm feeling better all round.
Would be useful to see what you are currently doing to offer tweaks.

Soldato
I've switched to leg press for now instead of squats but is there anything I can be doing in place of deadlifts on back day that doesn't put strain on my lower back?

I've been sticking to relatively light deadlifts (100kg) but I think I'm being silly with my back and although BJJ is probably the main culprit I should probably avoid deadlifts and squats for now.

Man of Honour
I feel like I am getting a cold and my wife and one of my kids has one. Is there any harm in lifting? e.g. will using all that energy make me more likely to get a proper cold rather than fight it off? Home gym so no argument re taking germs to share with others.

Back
Top Bottom