Farewell Sir Ken Dodd

Permabanned
Thread necro, but it turns out Doddy had a £27.5m fortune! Didn’t expect him to have nearly that much.

By marrying his long term partner two days before his death, he avoided paying over £11m in inheritance tax!

Well played Ken, well played.

Well, that's for you to say, £11 Million would be better used in the public purse don't you think ?

Tax dodgers are not only sticking two fingers up to the Taxman they are sticking two fingers up to you, the brainless sucker who pays tax.

Permabanned
Tax minimization, what an accountant is paid for. Very different to tax evasion. If he had not done this it would show he either hated his wife and family, loved and supported the government's usage of inheritance tax, or he was an idiot. Those Diddy Men were a good little earner it seems :)

Soldato
Well, that's for you to say, £11 Million would be better used in the public purse don't you think ?

He earnt it and saved it, the government doesn’t deserve it. It’s far better to keep it to support his family, rather than hand it over to a stupid, cretinous, incompetent government, who will just **** it up the wall on nothing.

Caporegime
He earnt it and saved it, the government doesn’t deserve it. It’s far better to keep it to support his family, rather than hand it over to a stupid, cretinous, incompetent government, who will just **** it up the wall on nothing.

Would you have the same opinion if the government was perfectly competent?

Caporegime
Would you have the same opinion if the government was perfectly competent?
i would tbh. I hate inheritance tax. The government tax you all the way through life, then want to tax you when your dead as well. Never sat right with me. They were together for 40 years. To me, they’re as good as married anyway. They just made it official before he popped off.

Soldato
No, but it's utterly cynical, and the female should have told him to eff off,

" thanks Ken, after all them years of good health you've finally committed yourself to me
when you only have a few days left to live, what girl could refuse such a romantic proposal ? " ;)
you seem to know more about the details of their relationship than the rest of us on here. does Anne Dodd (nee Jones) confide in you?

Permabanned
He worked damned hard. he was legendary for over running and giving his audience a lot more than they had willingly paid for. I think a large swath of the UK population grinned when he last had a run in with the dreaded tax man. The converse of Philip Green in many ways. If he took perfectly proper advantage of the UK inheritance tax laws good look to the guy. How many here give more than they need to, or refuse to claim back what's rightfully theirs or their families? Hell gay relationships spent years trying for similar tax rights as others. Diddy Pay and Diddy **** [Chuckle] ;)

Soldato

This!! Us suckers pay far too much tax, the government constantly wastes it.

I'd have done the same.

Back
Top Bottom