• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Soldato
At the rate these seem to be failing, and who knows how long even the ones that are working now are going to last, if it were me, I'd be asking for a refund and skip the 2*** series of cards altogether.
That's why I refunded my 2080 Ti, I don't want to deal with these serious issues and I don't believe Nvidia are telling the truth about the failure rate.

Man of Honour
OP
Another victim here! Zotac rtx2080ti broke in under a week last night- space invaders artefacts all over screen then died. Was part of a 3k build from here so passed initial stress tests etc. The really concerning thing is i bet i only gamed on it for a few hours tops before it died. See attached pic i took as it died. Very unhappy as i paid for the fast track on this 60 quid and now im unable to game and i am still having to tamper with the machine myself to take it out and return it which i paid for them to do.

Sorry i dont know how to insert an image. https://imgur.com/a/M7D0aWC
This has never happened to me before so I'm unsure what to do.

ASUS RTX 2080 TI ROG Strix OC

I updated my entire set up before Christmas and spent a fortune on it. :(

I play a lot of Black Ops and for the past week I've been unable to complete a single game as it either freezes or crashes out. I thought this was related to a latest patch, however trying again today the game crashed and I had the space invader artefacts all over both monitors. So I tried some other games and I get the same issue but in various forms. After a little bit of research I believe this is now the dreaded dying 2080 issue...

This is one picture I took.

jG8RfXh.jpg

Ey4Fr67.jpg

What would you recommend? Do I contact ASUS or where the place I bought the card from?

Really appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your cards, hope all goes well with the RMAs.

OP updated.

Soldato
I count 64 owners in the owners thread and 10 people here with faults (one twice), however, 5 or 6 are listed in this thread but not the other, so that's roughly a 1/7 failure rate.

Associate
i have been trawling forums of all the manufacturers and the amount of people with the same issue is staggering. There is clearly something very wrong with the rtx cards and it appears to be a matter of when it will break not if. I will give a second one a go with my first rma and i have every confidence it will do the same.

Man of Honour
I've heard it's the Micron memory degrading quickly after purchase. Apparently you can check for it by downclocking the memory and seeing if it runs OK again. Not all RTX use micron. Some use samsung which don't appear to be affected.

I can't confirm the above myself but a youtube video popped up in my recommendation about is yesterday.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just a quick update on mine and all I can say its I have been very impressed with EVGA's service.

Here is a quick timeline break down, it does include a weekend though:

07/02/19 - Contacted EVGA
07/02/19 - RMA Raised
09/02/19 - RMA Approved
12/02/19 - Card Shipped
14/02/19 - Card Received

EDIT: The new FTW3 card also runs Samsung memory. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a quick update on mine and all I can say its I have been very impressed with EVGA's service.

Here is a quick timeline break down, it does include a weekend though:

07/02/19 - Contacted EVGA
07/02/19 - RMA Raised
09/02/19 - RMA Approved
12/02/19 - Card Shipped
14/02/19 - Card Received

EDIT: The new FTW3 card also runs Samsung memory. :cool:

EVGA"s service certainly seems to sell itself.

If buying new (chances getting slimmer with every new overpriced release) EVGA would be my top consideration.

I wonder if they will ever release a console...

Associate
It cant do the resale value of RTX cards any good unless the warranty is transferable you might end up with a duff card. the rate these cards are failing over the net if I had one I would be hammering it to death to see if its a good or bad one.

Back
Top Bottom