Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
It’s not just colour though, is it?

Black one is 2011 car, yellow is 2014.

To be honest the year of car is not so important and the earlier 10/11 cars sound better, they had to quieten them down plus the year is less important on a Ferrari, options and mileage outweigh year.

Advantage of 2014 is some service pack remaining, but its done less miles per year, less used and the black car is well know as my mate knows the car well and the Ferrari dealership, so he is having a word with them.
Going to view yellow on Friday.

I think i shall go for the one that represents the better deal. :)

Associate
Just me then but the black looks much better in my eyes. Yes a nightmare to keep clean but when it is it looks fantastic. Not feeling the love for the yellow one. I’d save the £20K personally. That’s a big chunk of cash.

OcUK Staff
OP
Fascinating insight, but that doesn’t answer the question re the colour ?

(I’m wondering if that reply wasn’t directed at me tbh!) :o

Yes I would probably take the 20k mate!

My mate said black is better, you want to spruce it up then add some yellow accents or even strips or just wrap the car, though I'd never wrap the full car, too risky.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just me then but the black looks much better in my eyes. Yes a nightmare to keep clean but when it is it looks fantastic. Not feeling the love for the yellow one. I’d save the £20K personally. That’s a big chunk of cash.

I am torn!
Black when clean it just looked insane, plus the wheels on it are gorgeous, way nicer than any other Ferrari I've seen as they were not available at factory, first owner added them after taking delivery as an accessory option.

Yellow is ace too, crazy loud, Ferrari authentic colour and black roof contrast well, but is it too much and the wheels would have to be changed or painted, but is it worth 20-25k more, maybe if they can knock a load of money off I'd go as far to say that maybe its worth 10k tops, but I need to see it, they send me a video today and its a much paler yellow than the photos showed it to be as they were heavily edited.

OcUK Staff
OP
Ok, noted about the year. What about things like DRL and TPS Does the 2011 car have them?

It has both I believe.
Ive read 2012 onwards had revised suspension, but then some just say its software and that should be updated by Ferrari.

DRL, no interest, but does have it I think.
TPS is useful and again I think it had it, had a diagram of car on dash showing tyre temps and engine temp so guessing it must TPS or a sensor to see that.

Caporegime
You could get the black one and get it painted to show standard in any colour under the sun for way under 20K. Unlimited options, whatever your heart desires. Porsche colours, Lambo colours, Rolls Royce colours...

458 in BMW Mora would look sick.

OcUK Staff
OP
You could get the black one and get it painted to show standard in any colour under the sun for way under 20K. Unlimited options, whatever your heart desires. Porsche colours, Lambo colours, Rolls Royce colours...

Then its worth 50k less! You don't paint cars like this, you de-value massively, its why even wrapping is off the cards unless you can remove it with zero damage before sale its just not worth the risk messing with a 150k car.

Soldato

Not a great idea...in fact terrible.

About the yellow vs black argument. I guess you need to think whether in two years time, if you want to move it on will the yellow still be worth £20k more? Or less?

Like the corsa red with cream leather.

OcUK Staff
OP
Done some more researching, 2012 onwards seemed to get a wealth of updates, gearbox (harsher in race), engine map (quieter) and a lot more sensors for the mag ride suspension to further improve handling and decrease lap times.

So that is good for thought.

Caporegime
I am torn!
Black when clean it just looked insane, plus the wheels on it are gorgeous, way nicer than any other Ferrari I've seen as they were not available at factory, first owner added them after taking delivery as an accessory option.

Yellow is ace too, crazy loud, Ferrari authentic colour and black roof contrast well, but is it too much and the wheels would have to be changed or painted, but is it worth 20-25k more, maybe if they can knock a load of money off I'd go as far to say that maybe its worth 10k tops, but I need to see it, they send me a video today and its a much paler yellow than the photos showed it to be as they were heavily edited.

Caporegime
Black is fantastic, I loved it on my old e38, Cosmos black with the nice speckles in the paint, looked epic when clean but, you seemed to drive a mile and it had a layer of dust on it, used to drive me insane.

I’d never have black again, but, don’t regret the choice on that car!

Total contradiction, I know.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Black is fantastic, I loved it on my old e38, Cosmos black with the nice speckles in the paint, looked epic when clean but, you seemed to drive a mile and it had a layer of dust on it, used to drive me insane.

I’d never have black again, but, don’t regret the choice on that car!

Total contradiction, I know.

Said the exact same thing to him earlier, love black on cars, hate the upkeep.

Back
Top Bottom