LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
bloody Hell , 3 LG 34GK950F in stock , but the LG Rep here said there wont be stock in til March time WTF , this was my first choice monitor but i didn't want to wait , so i purchased a Alienware AW3418DW yesterday. if i don't laugh ill cry

Last edited:
Associate
Having used both the AW is still a good solid option m8 with proper Gsync, I'm sure it'll serve you well :)

Ya i done my research and the Alienware is a great monitor, but reading this thread seeing people talk about Dell's terrible Delivery as got me worried , i would rather of got a monitor from Overclockers because the consumer is guaranteed top service

Associate
Got mine few days ago. Here is few potato photos for your viewing displeasure.

img_20190208_225431gdjmr.jpg

img_20190210_1937346ajne.jpg

Soldato
Nasty! What is your brightness settings and is it a f or g varient ?

G variant as it has the Sphere Lighting feature active. Also that second shot is extremely overexposed, not at all representative of what the monitor looks to the eye. It also appears to be taken from a decentralised angle so simply captures a bloom of 'IPS glow' that all units would show from such an angle. Nonetheless, still highlights some troublesome patches of backlight bleed. Just in a highly exaggerated fashion.

Associate
Nasty! What is your brightness settings and is it a f or g varient ?

G -model and I used values from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34gk950g.htm#comparison

Only spot that can be noticeable as lighter is bottom left and that only in pitch black scenes, even then I wouldn't say it's that bad.

G variant as it has the Sphere Lighting feature active. Also that second shot is extremely overexposed, not at all representative of what the monitor looks to the eye. It also appears to be taken from a decentralised angle so simply captures a bloom of 'IPS glow' that all units would show from such an angle. Nonetheless, still highlights some troublesome patches of backlight bleed. Just in a highly exaggerated fashion.

To be fair didn't intentionally want make it look worse than it's, but same time didn't really plan it to be that good postable quality. Camera in One Plus 5T is questionable anyways for dark shots, not sure you can get that good photos with it in dark. Or I just suck at taking photos of my monitor as these two when taken in light up room aren't that hot either :D

img_20190212_001654dak31.jpg

img_20190212_001855s3klw.jpg

Associate
My F model arrived last week, it's awesome, I love it.

You can see a glow in the corners during boot, but it's not significant in windows or games, no complaints.

Also tested Freesync on an nVidia 1070, works fine so far!

Back
Top Bottom