RIP John H Haynes

Caporegime
RIP John.

Always thought there was something a little odd about people who bought Haynes manuals for things like the Starship Enterprise and the Millennium Falcon. I very much doubt any of the buyers had one in bits in their garage.

Caporegime
Always came in handy but in some procedures changing a rear indicator bulb would start at the front bumper when skinny fingers would suffice (that's what she said behind the shed).

Soldato
Always came in handy but in some procedures changing a rear indicator bulb would start at the front bumper when skinny fingers would suffice (that's what she said behind the shed).
Quite true. The number of procedures that seemed to start with 'remove engine' when it wasn't necessary was quite amazing.

Caporegime
RIP John.

Always thought there was something a little odd about people who bought Haynes manuals for things like the Starship Enterprise and the Millennium Falcon. I very much doubt any of the buyers had one in bits in their garage.
I’ve got one for the RMS Titanic, it’s a very good read, last time I checked though it’s still at the bottom of the North Atlantic and they seem to have omitted raising it from the deep as part of the book, epic fail. :p

RIP John, he helped me fix and make worse :o many a car in the past.

Soldato
I've got lots of Haynes manuals, although it was sad to see them evolve from thick tomes to the later paperbacked ones, which just told you to go to the dealers. I have three generations of the mini manuals and the later is no where near as good. Still handy things, still use them all the time :)

Soldato

At least Haynes manuals always showed the correct bolts you needed to removed to get at X. I’ve had Sukuki and Kawasaki factory manuals that failed to do this.

Associate
RIP, i had a few of his books, i stripped the entire dash off a renault clio following it, changed bulbs and dials and replaced it all , was a 5/5 hard job, was super chuffed after i done it lol , garage wanted about £1000

Back
Top Bottom