Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Just found this:

Been told by owners of 458's who have had pre 2012 and post 2012 that the earlier cars are more an event to drive, more noise and more feel some handling.
Guess don't worry about lap times, as above videos the early car is incredible and though it was improved those who have owned both some feel older car was better, of course some feel newer car was better.

Gonna drive the 2014 see if I can tell difference. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OK as nothing alarming screams out I've put a deposit on this:

Its car at Gray Paul Edinburgh, they only just got it so its yet to go through their 190 check and to have major service completed.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...458/ferrari-458-coupe-italia-2dr-auto/9440798

You can see the car is a bit bland, silver wheels, silver calipers and all black interior but otherwise good spec or so I think, others care to comment, got buckets, some carbon, silver wheels and the colour is incredible been in Rosso Fuoco (£19,000 option).

Here is the video:
https://video.citnow.com/vtKVP1Bq3LS

In the video the bonnet looks uneven across front, maybe just latch? I shall call tomorrow and also ask, might just be camera angles and lighting playing tricks.

After some negotiation, agreed on 135k along with carbon lower centre retrofitted, calipers painted yellow, PS4S fitted all around with 190 check, major service and 2yr power warranty. They have also promised to check all 4 dampers and replace if required along with checking for any misting/leaks on engine/gearbox.

Anything scream out to anyone as anything wrong with, I found 6 owners a bit alarming should I be worried?

With yellow calipers and all clean car would look like this:
https://www.bramley.com/carsales/details/Ferrari/458-Italia/3618.htm

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
the bonnet looks twisted and in more than one photo too, and has a gap in the video on one side as well.

Yep spotted and mailed, hoping just down to not been latched, but was spotted! :)

Yes, I’ve seen some of the McLaren paint prices but at least they look different. That just looks like Rosso Corsa

Looks nothing like Corsa in flesh its a deeper, darker and more pearl/metallic colour, had mesmerised in showroom on Saturday as its quite different in person.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like maxed contrast in photoshop

Nope how it looks in flesh:

https://www.bramley.com/carsales/details/Ferrari/458-Italia/3618.htm

I took some photos on Saturday, I shall post those up later of corsa and Fuoco side by side.

Beautiful car but in regards to the bonnet it seems the drivers side is slightly lifted than the passengers side.

I think its latch, black car was same as it was not latched correctly, so assuming and hoping this is same, I've requested a photo of the bonnet with it closed correct along front leading edge to be sure it is level otherwise be asking why some fat person sat on it as that is how it looks at moment.

OcUK Staff
OP
The passenger side of bonnet looks normal, it’s the drivers side that seems out of alignment.

Surprised they haven’t noticed/sorted before sending a video out with a close up.

Car has not had the 190 check yet, Ferrari got it yesterday, trust me I've been so quick at jumping on this car, hence its not been inspected by Ferrari yet, just taken off customer who sold it / part-ex with them, I in short demanded the video as the photos were terrible that they uploaded today. From what I gather owner had a private plate and demanded it was not shown in photos, so my guess is they ripped it off, thrown it in bonnet and not closed it properly, hence all the sticky pads still on front.

If I go through with deal it will have 190 point check carried out, major service and then a full valet which I shall try to have upgraded to a full detail and paint correction.

I have acted quick as another black one I was gonna look at unfortunately sold this morning, I am still looking at yellow one just in case its incredible, but over red yellow is not worth 20k more to me personally, yes in re-sale potentially, but not for me. Car has to be spot on for me!

OcUK Staff
OP
Rosso Corsa - Flat bright solid red, very nice

corsa1.jpg

corsa2.jpg

Rosso Fuoco - Triple layer metallic pearl red, 19k option painted externally, Speciale and Pista colour

fuoco2.jpg

fuoco1.jpg

The shade is easy to see difference even shows up on camera but in the flesh the option colour has way more depth and also does some really cool stuff with how lighting bounces of it plus come re-sale its an easier colour to move on as generally quite sought after.

Pictures taken same day, same showroom, same camera, zero editing!

Back
Top Bottom