What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Are the front arms a common issue on the C30? My other half is picking one up at the weekend and the last MOT had an advisory for these.

I dunno but mine is 8 years old and it was an advisory item in last year's MOT so I thought I would change it this year as a precautionary step than fix it when it breaks. I don't see it as a big deal, the car has been flawless for the 3 years that i've had it, the things that I've spent money on are more pre-cautionary like Timing Belt and now the bushes arms. There was a weird sensor problem on the screen wash for a few weeks but i think it was just an air pocket in the washer tank messing with the sensor, it hasn't happened since.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Eh? What bulb required the bumper off o The corolla? I did indicators, dipped and mains and have no recollection of having to remove the bumper for any of those.

Maybe you have tiny hands :p

All I remember for certain is that it was one of the bulbs on one side, I couldn't get it out without taking the light out, and to get the light out you take the bumper off.

Man of Honour
Broke the little clip that holds the floor mat in place on the driver side foot well when leaning out the window to enter a code for a car park :mad:
I hate being a short ass sometimes.
I nearly ran over myself the other day for similar reasons, stopped slightly too far away to reach the ticket unbuckled opened the door and felt the car slowly start to roll back as I sat back down :o :D

Caporegime
Are the front arms a common issue on the C30? My other half is picking one up at the weekend and the last MOT had an advisory for these.

Update, car passed MOT, the bushes and arms now changed, tracking done. Clean bill of health. The owner of the garage really likes my car, he even go as far to check what’s available on the autotrader. Also mentioned it is in very good condition (which I know :) ).

Associate
Update, car passed MOT, the bushes and arms now changed, tracking done. Clean bill of health. The owner of the garage really likes my car, he even go as far to check what’s available on the autotrader. Also mentioned it is in very good condition (which I know :) ).
I probably would have had a C30 if it wasnt for the rear end...

Soldato

What did the oil consumption turn out to be?

Associate
I've taken to look at it as a unique shape and can be easily identified amongst the sea of cars out there :D
Thats true, I think the problem for me is that it was on the wrong side of a very thin border between really unique and really awkward. When they softened it up for the V40 is when I think they tipped it onto the right side of that line (and I got one).

Caporegime
Thats true, I think the problem for me is that it was on the wrong side of a very thin border between really unique and really awkward. When they softened it up for the V40 is when I think they tipped it onto the right side of that line (and I got one).

I think that's fair and I can totally see that, may be it's a mother's love or something but I've grown to really like it now. Plus it is the last Volvo to have a 5 cylinder engine.

Associate
Speaking of headlights, had to replace one on my girlfriends MK3 Clio, I swear Renault made absolutely everything on that car to be a dealer only job.

Had to remove the bumper and various other rubbish to get to it :(

On my Volvo however, some absolute genius thought this up.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvubJjiSgoQ

One tent peg out from the chassis and the whole unit slides out. Why can't all manufacturers have that setup :(

Back
Top Bottom