Bioware's Anthem

Soldato
seems the Charlemagne team who developed the API bots for the destiny games are now developing the same for Anthem. They tweeted a bunch of cryptic tweets overnight before confirming this morning their second twitter account for it.

If its as involved as the destiny API it will bring some really cool detailed stat tracking for this game, LFG system and tools such as vendor lists if that's a thing in this game. Also the potential of loadout builders outside of the game and a bunch of other stuff

Charlemagne Main twitter - has some screenshots of what it can currently track (not anthem screenshots) https://twitter.com/Charlemagne_Bot
CypherGaius Main twitter - empty right now but they will tweet out as they develop this: https://twitter.com/CypherGaius

Bot is already on the OCUK discord as well :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Pre-loaded the game, I got a code with my RTX 2060 recently. Just deciding if I should sign up for a month of Origin Access so I can play 10 hours before release.

Soldato
Im looking forward to this but my friendship group are so anti EA labeling this as crap without even trying it.

I think EA deserve a bigger chance, not to mention this is bioware. EA have clearly learnt from their Battlefront 2 disaster.

Associate
Im looking forward to this but my friendship group are so anti EA labeling this as crap without even trying it.

I think EA deserve a bigger chance, not to mention this is bioware. EA have clearly learnt from their Battlefront 2 disaster.

No they don't, remember back to what we have lost, the original Battlefront 1 and 2, private servers, mod packs, a mod community almost as big a morrowind was, private servers, battlefield 1 and 2 (originals) private servers, custom maps with 128vs128 custom mod systems.

Trying to monetise every aspect of games, kicking the mod community in the teeth, forcing the Origin client, loot boxes, unfinished games, stripping the team for Mass effect Andromeda and enforcing decisions that almost made it inevitable to fail, no refund for those of us who bought the dlc pass when they decided not to continue.

No they do not deserve another chance, especially when we have developers like CD Project red who still do it the right way. I know where my money will go.

Associate
I was getting worried. I thought after the demo's no one on ocuk was going to be playing this... The Anthem thread has been dead for the last week.

I think i've lost my wing man to Apex Legends as well :p:eek:

I've got my pee and poop bucket at the ready and AZ/DZ tunes all good to go.... Will see you there ;):D

Caporegime
Does anyone else think that EA shot themselves in the foot a bit by releasing Apex Legends out of nowhere 2 weeks before 'Anthem' is due out?

I know they aren't the same games, but i'm guessing the success of this has taken them by surprise, with 25 million players as of 2 days ago, probably more like 30 million+ now.

Associate
Does anyone else think that EA shot themselves in the foot a bit by releasing Apex Legends out of nowhere 2 weeks before 'Anthem' is due out?

I know they aren't the same games, but i'm guessing the success of this has taken them by surprise, with 25 million players as of 2 days ago, probably more like 30 million+ now.

I do. I had 2 origin accounts full of battlefield 4 players (when i used to run a server and clan). I cannot believe how many are playing Apex.... It's like 60 percent of them... I would never have thought they would be BR fans..

Saying that, im no BR fan but i do love a bit of apex.

Soldato

Will be interesting to see how things play out. I've not bought Anthem yet and still not decided if I will. Silver lining of the week early access for Origin Premier unless it's under NDA is we get to see the potential of the game, so not buying in blind.

Permabanned

Definitely. They tried to keep the Apex release quite, presumably because they knew it would do fairly well and thieve from the Anthem demographic.

Associate
Although the Apex release has done something else... I would love to know how many players it has got to download Origin for the first time..

I know to most of us having more than one launcher isn't a problem but going by some of the threads on here there are some that turn green at the thought.

i reckon they have a large amount of new players they can expose to the store... It's genius really.

Back
Top Bottom