*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I have a feeling we're going to see some DLC for MK8 which is what the "fans will be delighted to see" statement could be about. I just can't see them releasing MK9 anytime soon.

Associate
Shin megami tensei V is still in the works..wonder if we will get update on that, never played previous titles but i'm sure my GF would be interested in this as she likes Persona series.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nintendo really should do a console only version of the switch ... Which defeats the object of a switch :)

But you know what I mean. :D

Sealed box. Two pads

They do a "console only" version sans dock but I think that Nintendo have found a concept that will become their core for a long time to come now so they want to push the idea of a mobile console that can be docked if you want. Not a console that has no ability to be taken out of the home. Thats the unique element of the console so to take it away might lead to developers getting lazy about certain elements of their game design. It would also increase calls for a "pro" version as a home only version of the switch wouldn't have to contend with thermal issues like the current one.

Soldato
The hybrid nature of it is the whole appeal. You get the best of both worlds. Obviously people will always want more power and we'll get that in later generations. There will be incremental upgrades (slim, XL etc) but I doubt we'll see a console that you can't pick up and leave the house with - not for a long time anyway.

Soldato
Won't happen.

N64 - No revision
GameCube - No revision
Wii - Revision years and years later
Wii U - No revision

The Switch is a home console with the ability to play on-the-go, I don't think Nintendo see it as a portable with the ability to play at home

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, the Switch has done far far better than they ever dreamed and as a result the handheld market it dominated before has largely shifted to the Switch and therefore they have pretty much abandoned the 3DS.

Soldato
Won't happen.

N64 - No revision
GameCube - No revision
Wii - Revision years and years later
Wii U - No revision

The Switch is a home console with the ability to play on-the-go, I don't think Nintendo see it as a portable with the ability to play at home

The Wii had two revisions.
The Wii U was a flop, and as such didn't warrant any hardware revisions.

Nintendo also played about with hardware variations for both the N64 and GameCube. The projects (with the exception of the N64's expansion pack) all failed.

Meanwhile, the DS and 3DS went through umpteen hardware variations.

I don't think you can really look to history for any indication about what Nintendo has planned for the Switch TBH..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom