Need a new monitor, non-ultrawide

Associate
Im looking at getting a new 32" monitor to replace the ultrawide Dell that I currently have.
There are more than a couple of reasons why I don't want ultrawide anymore, but that's not why im posting this thread, I have seen a couple of monitors I like, so Id like peoples views on which is the better one all-round or if theres something better out there, for about the same price?

Firstly... https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-hdr-widescreen-curved-monitor-mo-236-sa.html

Or... https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...4hz-1ms-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-14z-lg.html

Im not sure that my current set up will be adequate for 4K, so that's why I am going for the lesser spec resolution

Associate
I took the plunge on the LG 32GK850F and am very pleased with it! That was coming from an LG 24GM79G (144Hz, TN panel) which was fine but a bit washed out and pixel walk that I could not unsee once I noticed it...

Associate
Cheers for putting this monitor on my radar too!
How are you guys finding ghosting and blur in dark scenes with this panel?
The review's make out that this is one of the best, if not the best VA panel of this size.

Associate
The review's make out that this is one of the best, if not the best VA panel of this size.

Not noticing anything particularly bad in dark scenes, only slight ghosting when dark items are on a light background (eg. dark clouds on a bright sky in AssCreedOd). I'm also impressed with the HDR performance of the monitor too, it's comparable to a Samsung UE55MU6400 telly (not exactly the best by any means but better than no HDR lol)!

Associate
I'm struggling to choose between this and the Acer CZ350CK ultrawide.
I really would like ultrawide but this monitor appears to have less issues with bleed and glow and is quicker at dark transitions, and is flat!
Both are similarly priced too.

Last edited:
Associate
I've not noticed anything major with ghosting or blur.
As Aztec2step said, you do get slight ghosting with dark items on a ight background but it's hardly noticeable.
I definitely recommend the LG 32GK850F.
I wasn't disappointed.

Associate
I'll probably end up with one of these being delivered on Thursday...
I've been reading about peoples experience with the Acer Z35P (which appears to be the G-Sync version of the CZ350CK) and the ghosting would appear to be a lot more than minimal!
I really wanted ultrawide, but my budget doesn't stretch far enough to get an IPS.

The newer VA panel in the LG 32GK850F appears to suffer less with dark transitions vs older VA panels. It's more expensive, but I guess that's the price you pay!

Associate
^You won't be disappointed with the 32GK850F! This is the first monitor I've paid more than £250 for (the other two LCDs I've had were also LG..... not a nut swinger, honest, my telly's a Sony!!!) and I am more than happy with what I've got.

I was fully prepared to send it back if anything was wrong i.e. dead/stuck pixels, backlight bleed/glow, nasty pixel walk, grey banding, etc. but I cannot fault it, really impressed with its quality.

Anyway, enough waffling like I'm being paid for it. :p Spill the beans when you do take the plunge on a tasty new monitor, whatever it is!

Associate
@Aztec2Step I went through three of them, all had faults.
1 had light leaking out of the case.
Next arrived with a bent chassis and panel wasn't flush.
Next had a horizontal line across the screen.

Was gutted as screen uniformity was excellent ok all of them.

Giving the Dell TN a go now as decided 32" was too big for 1440p...was seeing pixels at sitting distance.

Associate
Black dog?! Yeah three bad ones. Though to be honest if I'd have opted to have the second one collected later I may have ended up keeping that one with a partial refund perhaps.
I currently have a 27" 1440p so going up to 31.5" is stretching that same pixel count over a larger space.
With the LG it was odd, it'd look fine most of the time but I'd be reading text and suddenly notice the pixels making up the letters, it was distracting. My desk is 80cm deep and the monitor was placed back as far as it would go, and I can see clearer at that distance if I wear my spectacles, but was seeing the pixels without!
I still think it was a very good monitor and will recommend it above all other 31.5" VA 1440p panels.

Associate
Shoulda said black cat, mixed up my superstitions!

Fair enough, I can imagine the difference coming from a smaller 1440p to be quite jarring when it comes to fine images like text. What has been seen cannot be unseen and all that. 0_o

EDIT: If I took my specs off, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 720p and 2160p!

Back
Top Bottom