Shadow of the Tomb Raider

V F

V F

Soldato
How is the thumbstick sensitivity on the Xbox? Do you have it maxed or finding it too slow... Lots of dead spots that is slow and overshoots...

Soldato
They seem to be getting desperate to sell this game - there's a trial on PS4 at the moment, though the unlock is still £55, so maybe not that desperate :D

Gave it a quick shot and although it looks amazing, the joystick dead zones are HUUUGE! That really put me off of buying the game, and I'm amazed that there doesn't appear to be a fix/patch for it; from my limited Google search.

Oh well, maybe in the new year they'll fix it, and I'll pick up a copy.

V F

V F

Soldato
They seem to be getting desperate to sell this game - there's a trial on PS4 at the moment, though the unlock is still £55, so maybe not that desperate :D

Gave it a quick shot and although it looks amazing, the joystick dead zones are HUUUGE! That really put me off of buying the game, and I'm amazed that there doesn't appear to be a fix/patch for it; from my limited Google search.

Oh well, maybe in the new year they'll fix it, and I'll pick up a copy.

Doubt they'll fix it. I think it's intentional to make it harder rather than making harder AI.

Associate
I got this with an Xbox1X on Black Friday, and so far am enjoying this game more than RDR2 which surprised me... The puzzles and tombs are fun and with 4K and HDR this really looks great!

V F

V F

Soldato
Aww man, that's a shame if correct - I really have enjoyed the recent TR games, they trigger some great memories of the original PS TR games; but this dead zone is a killer.

Yeah, it really cheeses me off. Definitive has very accurate responsive stick controls. I'm just beyond the half way point on the sensitivity. It seemed to start with Rise. I have Rise and Shadow maxed out on the sensitivity.

Soldato
Yeah, it really cheeses me off. Definitive has very accurate responsive stick controls. I'm just beyond the half way point on the sensitivity. It seemed to start with Rise. I have Rise and Shadow maxed out on the sensitivity.

Found it for £25 new, I'm really tempted at that price - but will have to live in hope of a patch I guess.

Soldato
Just started playing this on the X and my god is the Atmos implementation excellent. The drops of water you can hear above your head in the caves is so immersive. I suppose it suits this game to a tee due to the nature of is environments.

Glad now I got the Xbox version offer the other platforms.

V F

V F

Soldato
This has probably been said before but who were the geniuses that requested the flash light to be blindingly bright? All you see is this insanely white glare compared to past patches.

Soldato
Cheers I was going to buy this but what with the £2 for 2 months Game Pass offer at the moment ill just play it that way, with Crackdown 3 out soon its a no brainer!

I was about to buy it a few months ago when in sale, pleased I didn't now.

Got a few games to complete and then Im going to get that game pass offer myself and maybe extend it at a later date as I think the Game Pass is getting some good stuff on there of late.

Soldato
Really enjoying this actually, glad I picked u pa copy - not sure if it's had a patch since the trial on PSN; but it certainly has better controls than that version!

Got it on the setting with zero hints, which (tbh) doesn't actually make the game hard - paths through the environment and puzzles are quite logical. But it feels very Tomb Raider (as in the origin PS ones) to be, so happy :) You even have skins that look like Lara from older games.

Soldato
I finished this a while ago. Preferred rise personally, but shadow is OK.

Seen a few comments on dead zones. Not sure I can remember having any control issues. Combat sometimes punished you if you made the wrong choices though. Havingsaid that, sometimes the AI was terrible.

Oh look, theres a pile of 4 dead bodies by a wall with a bush on it - I should go and check it out.........rinse repeat.

Soldato
Decided to crack on with this and have completed it, I enjoyed it, a very typical Tomb Raider game I guess, more of the same. I enjoy the puzzles in these games, they are really well made - The story however sounds like it was just cobbled and plonked together and was decided, "yeah, that'll do" - Didn't really make any sense, but still enjoyed the game as a whole - Probably a 7/10 from me

Also did anyone else buy extra weapons? I found myself just using the ones you get to start with, couldn't see any stats to compare to, to see any difference??

Soldato
Yeah the storyline really was terrible, it's never been Tomb Raider's strong point anyway but the likes of Uncharted really do show it up. The whole "dress up as a member of this native tribe and sneak my way past the guards" did it for me, it was beyond stupid. They've struggled through all three games to make Lara a relatable, likeable person too, she actually came across as a bit socially awkward at times in the third one which was sort of endearing, but I could never tell if it was deliberate or just a symptom of bad script and bad acting. The latter seems more likely.

Soldato
Decided to crack on with this and have completed it, I enjoyed it, a very typical Tomb Raider game I guess, more of the same. I enjoy the puzzles in these games, they are really well made - The story however sounds like it was just cobbled and plonked together and was decided, "yeah, that'll do" - Didn't really make any sense, but still enjoyed the game as a whole - Probably a 7/10 from me

Also did anyone else buy extra weapons? I found myself just using the ones you get to start with, couldn't see any stats to compare to, to see any difference??

Played this on GamePass, I have enjoyed all of the TR games I have played, story wise in all of them is weak personally, but the fun is is in the exploration and puzzles.
The TR games are some of the few I like to 100% complete as well.

Back
Top Bottom