• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Guru3D - Metro Exodus PC Performance Review

Caporegime
index.php

index.php

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/metro-exodus-pc-graphics-performance-benchmarks,1.html

so much for Dx12 :p

Soldato
It begs the question why some games have excellent DirectX 12 performance while others have a negative impact on frame rates. It must be down to the developers a lot more to get the most out of the games performance. Some devs must not want to focus all this effort into the game.

Caporegime
And this may be why.........

VyyM4LA.png

Lets see those dx 12 results on lesser CPUs, which is where DX 12 always performs far better.....

Only game where DX 12 has been worse than dx 11 for me has been BF 1 and BF 5, everything else is always way better.

Soldato
And this may be why.........

VyyM4LA.png

Lets see those dx 12 results on lesser CPUs, which is where DX 12 always performs far better.....

Only game where DX 12 has been worse than dx 11 for me has been BF 1 and BF 5, everything else is always way better.

They has been a few bad ones deus ex mankind divided, Rise of the Tomb raider, Resident evil 2 just to name a few. But they has also been some excellent tiles like Forza, Division 1 and 2 beta, Shadow of the tomb raider.

It really does depend on the devs even if the user does have a i9 9900k would see gains if the game was coded for DX12 properly.

Caporegime
They has been a few bad ones deus ex mankind divided, Rise of the Tomb raider, Resident evil 2 just to name a few. But they has also been some excellent tiles like Forza, Division 1 and 2 beta, Shadow of the tomb raider.

It really does depend on the devs even if the user does have a i9 9900k would see gains if the game was coded for DX12 properly.

All them ran better for me on dx 12 (not sure about resident evil 2 final game, only the demo), although rise of the tomb raider first dx 12 patch was shocking until they enabled async compute then dx 12 was way better in my experience.

From what I've seen, it always seem to be down to the CPU being used, beastly ones like the above never seem to benefit from dx 12.

Soldato
The frame time graph is significantly smoother on the RX590 than the RTX 2060 also the graph is smoother for the former in DX12 than in DX11 whereas for the latter it's the other way round.

Performance in terms of frame rates looks to be poor overall even without RTX.

Soldato
Associate
Seems it takes a while to train the AI....or something like that....according to NV :).
Good to hear the game will get RT and DLSS from day 1. That's what I was hoping. Will have to waste more money and purchase this, even thought I couldn't get into the first one. :D

Yeah, previous games have never really "done it" for me either. This one looks to be much better. Still, will hold fire until it's been patched up a bit before purchase. No rush. :)

Caporegime
OP
Looks like 12s only needed for the RTX and DLSS, spose if i wanted that on 11 n 7, i could always just up me brightness for the RTX by the looks of it, and lower me res, and smear me screen in vaseline for the DLSS :D

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
But it’s different for the other cards and you’ve failed to mention that and that it’s from the benchmark that

“As such the benchmark results represent the harsh and hard to render scenes much better than the overall framerate of the game (which is higher by a fair degree).”

So much for what you said then....

I know the benchmark performance, is lower than the actual game.

He also said they are the same.

With no performance difference, we'll opt to use DX12 for all our regular testing, purely for the sole reason that DX-R will require DX12.

so, theres no peformance difference between them, he only used Dx12, so he could put the ray tracing, and the DLSS on, on the RTX cards, as they only work on Dx12, so, what difference is Dx12, going to make, on all those non RTX cards, that can't do ray tracing, or DLSS ?

Last edited:
Soldato
They has been a few bad ones deus ex mankind divided, R

Hard hard hard hard hard disagree. DXMD is one of the few "native" DX12 titles (and also one of the few supporting mGPU) and it runs superbly, one of my favourite implementations of DX12 & one I look forward to the most for a revisit, especially for some >4K action.

Soldato
Hard hard hard hard hard disagree. DXMD is one of the few "native" DX12 titles (and also one of the few supporting mGPU) and it runs superbly, one of my favourite implementations of DX12 & one I look forward to the most for a revisit, especially for some >4K action.

I dont have my game installed anymore but when i played it DX12 was worst performance than DX11 I might have played it with R9 290 though and not my VEGA 64 so it might be better. Can only share my experience.

Back
Top Bottom