• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ordered my New Setup!

Soldato
OP
A bunch, How many is a bunch? Not forgetting you can get single drives up to 4TB these days, not that you'd want them at the eye watering prices they are. Also NAND prices will probably be down around another 30+ % in the next 3-6 months, so don't go too overboard if you can add more later. :)
was thinking of getting 2 now and maybe 5 more later (1/2TBs)

Soldato
I've used the Samsung 960 & 970 Pro extensively in 1st Gen Threadripper builds, usually anywhere between 4 and 8 per system and they are my go to drive. Simply for the best speeds, write endurance and warranty, but as they are used in mission critical applications they maybe over the top if it is just for a Steam drive.

If you are looking at 960GB/1TB drives there are a few options, the Samsung 970 Evo (Free copy of Assassins Creed: Odyssey from participating retailers atm), the ADATA SX8200 960GB, and the new Corsair Force MP510 960GB. The first two I've used, and would be more than happy to recommend, but the Corsair one is brand new and I've not hand any through my hands yet, but on paper they look as good as the Samsung (SLC cache size not disclosed however). Honestly the ADATA can be had for £210, and the Samsung is £50 more it's a hard choice, Corsair is right in the middle at £230. Flip a coin, or sell some Assasins Creed codes if you want the Samsung for less cash :p

Soldato
It's not though. It's a completely legitimate and valid windows key, just because the original user never actually used it, doesn't make it less legal.

Those keys have specific puspose and usage, they are illegal to sell.
Mostly someone has access through their job to MSDN account and start selling the keys. If you read the EULA for those keys, states exactly what I say.
They are illegal to be used in such manner.

Soldato
That is really not the point, if you were using it for commercial purposes(as it sounds like the op is) then your company could be shut down by using software not in the terms of the EULA.

You may as well just download and install a dodgy version with a crack as your £6 licence is as legitimate.

You are just sticking some money into the hand of some scumbag who had gotten hold of the keys and selling them.

Caporegime
OP, a few months have passed since getting the CPU, so what's your overall impression now after having used it for a while? Cheers.

Soldato
Hey all the Intel launch , you may remember be debating between 7900x vs 2950x for my workload

i decided on my setup & sent a order in to OCUK for the following:

awaiting response from OCUK for payment but this the list.
for people wondering about the AIO, the Enermax seems to having lot of leaking issues so didnt want to risk it at this stage.

cant wait :)

3 PWN Hubs are to allow me to control each Fan section (3 lots of 3) together as one. & reducing cables to the MB

@humbug @jigger @amigafan2003

Pretty much the same kit i would have gotten if ive had the cash. Sweet rig for sure. GZ

Soldato
OP
Sorry guys for lack of updates it's been crazy last few months we're moving to a new office at work. Which means our datacenter also needs to move but with new hardware... And theirs two if us to do it...

Regarding the pc, had some issues with aio. Noise airbubbles etc got most out but not all. So I switched to TR4 noctua cooler dropped stress testing from 70c 5o 52c doing full load real bench. For prime it's at 58c.

Next thing will be removing all team group storage for Samsung nvme storage. As some games on teamgroup hiccup every so often which doesn't happen on my Samsung Sata SSd I recently attached.

The cpu is great for my programming workload. Recently created a cpu stress test of my own working 32 threads /cores to 100...%

Since changing to air both my intake and exhaust nnow run at 280rpm and noctua cooler only runs at 550-850rpm

My next project is converting a c# video recording software I made to python 3 to integrate into home automation. Where it can capture x screen shots per second and turn into a full video using all cores and threads

Would buy again but with air and not teamgroup budget ssds

Back
Top Bottom