Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It would be much cheaper to let her back in unimpeded as the do-gooding lawyers will cost us far more than she ever could.

We've already got hundreds of fighters here anyway. A few more won't matter.

Soldato
The sad thing is, regardless of our views she probably will be back. Her family may drum up enough support to get a hot shot lawyer involved and state that the baby needs to come home, but with the mother. These lawyers make a mockery of our so called system everytime.

Soldato
She shouldn't be allowed back in full stop, however emotion parked for one minute, as a British citizen I suppose there isn't a lot that can be done to stop her entry, all we can do is prosecute her when she does return.

100% she remains a threat.

Soldato
I think we should offer to take the child back, but only to take her back if she is prosecuted for terrorism or treason (does that exist now?) and therefore serves a very lengthy sentence in prison.

Ok, so she went to join ISIS based on the ideals that they "promised" her, lets assume. However from the way the story reads, she left their camp and is now living in a refugee camp. What terrorist act would you prosecute her for?

I think that whatever the government does in this case, they're going to do something wrong in people's eyes. If they bring her back, they're going to anger the "let her rot, she made her bed" etc etc. However if they don't, they're going to anger the people who believe that they should be compassionate. Unfortunately there's no right answer here.

Soldato
She made her choices and went to "live the dream" in the glorious Caliphate, sorry it didn't pan out

You have to draw a line somewhere. This is way over that line. She's an enemy of the UK; an enemy of freedom and an enemy of just about everything we believe in.

I have to say this works for me

Caporegime
Ok, so she went to join ISIS based on the ideals that they "promised" her, lets assume. However from the way the story reads, she left their camp and is now living in a refugee camp. What terrorist act would you prosecute her for?

I think that whatever the government does in this case, they're going to do something wrong in people's eyes. If they bring her back, they're going to anger the "let her rot, she made her bed" etc etc. However if they don't, they're going to anger the people who believe that they should be compassionate. Unfortunately there's no right answer here.

The right answer is tell her bugger off.

Soldato
You are criminally responsible at 15, she is now 19 with "no regrets" even in the face of seeing horrendous torture, persecution and murder. She wants to come home for our NHS I would guess, not for any allegiance to our nation.

"No regrets" seals the deal for me.

Feel sorry for the child, she probably knows this and it will be her ticket back I bet.

Soldato
She would be arrested the moment she is seen in Europe. If they didn't cancel their passports, they will have a big red flag on them.

There is no chance she will be left to live freely in the UK so there isn't much to worry about.

Associate
Let her come back and charge her with treason and sentence her to 25 years then we will see if she has any remorse . That or a drone strike should solve the problem on what to do with traitors

Soldato
We'll let her back in and then 5,6,7 years down the line they'll be an attack and she'll be involved and she'll have been under surveillance for a time but somehow went under their radar. People will be killed and injured, lesions learned blah, blah, blah. Rinse and repeat. The moment you go against your country is the moment you lose every single right you had which comes attached to that country.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
She should be left to die there. If she is British should be stripped of Citizenship so she can never come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom