*** Nintendo Switch ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
Feel like this is going to be a thin year if you don’t like Japanese style games. Metroid delayed, bayonetta is still nothing more than a logo on the screen, Luigis mansion 3 is another title with nothing shown, animal crossing is another, Pokemon a complete mystery. They are pushing big games coming out in August so I doubt any of these games will be done any time soon.

Associate
Feel like this is going to be a thin year if you don’t like Japanese style games. Metroid delayed, bayonetta is still nothing more than a logo on the screen, Luigis mansion 3 is another title with nothing shown, animal crossing is another, Pokemon a complete mystery. They are pushing big games coming out in August so I doubt any of these games will be done any time soon.
True but they may be saving Pokémon and other big titles for E3 for a larger audience

Soldato
Tried the Yoshi demo. It's charming and has a lovely art style but it felt quite basic?

And wow! Zelda is super faithful to the original version! Luckily it's one I missed out on and funnily enough I almost picked it up recently.

IMG-20190214-003120.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Really gutted that there wasn’t any Metroid prime news . Was looking forward to seeing the trilogy released on switch .
They basically started development again apparently, I don't think we'll see it till late 2020 if not early 2021. A trilogy remaster will be released a year or so before to drum up interest.

Soldato
Tried the Yoshi demo. It's charming and has a lovely art style but it felt quite basic?

And wow! Zelda is super faithful to the original version! Luckily it's one I missed out on and funnily enough I almost picked it up recently.

IMG-20190214-003120.jpg

You lucky git. It is the best. Only GB release I finished multiple times, had to see it in colour on the GBC; really looking forward to this.

Soldato
Some good stuff (Mario Maker, Link's Awakening) and this:

Feel like this is going to be a thin year if you don’t like Japanese style games.

Variety doesn't look like 2019's strong point. I thought this year was looking quite heavy for Japanese action and RPG games before yesterday's Direct. Turns out, Nintendo is of the opposite view; what the Switch needs this year is loads more of them :D

Some of them look interesting enough.

Associate
Onimaki, Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina were the highlight for me, going to try the demo for daemon tonight but gutted there was no update on Bayonetta 3.
Pretty cool they are porting AC3 I suppose onto the switch aswell, curious to see how it will perform on the Switch, whether it perform similarly to the Ps3/360 versions or run at the steady 60fps potentially like on PS4/xbone.

Associate

They need to keep somethings back for E3 Direct, that'll be Winter 19/Spring 20. I can see Bayonetta slipping into 2020, but there's a good chance we'll get AC, Pokemon and Luigi this year somewhere between September and December.

I thought the Direct was great, plenty of titles for me, but I can understand if you're not into Anime or RPG's then the next 6 months look a little light.

Back
Top Bottom