• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
How's everyone setting up their fans?
The software update changed it to a curve instead of a target, but with it set to Auto tried Apex last night and the thing was mad loud with temps hitting around 80c after a while.

I need to do some tweaking as haven't touched it since end of Nov/beginning of Dec, but only played Fortnite from then to now so not really properly taxed the card. Thinking maybe I'm just not used to hearing a loud computer? :rolleyes:

Associate
I also have a Strix V64. Stable at 1050/1100mV for P6/P and 1000/1000 HBM, can get up to 1050 hbm pretty stable but I’ve se b diminishing returns for FPS vs temp past about 1020. Doesn’t let me ramp up the clocks more than 2% before a crash. With that stable undervolt it runs games fairly consistently at 1550, would like to hit 1600. Let me know how you get on..

im really not too fussed about overclocking. i put the HBM to 1000mhz depending on which game but thats about it.

Associate
"I think Trixx has all the states disabled except for P7 in GPU and P3 in memory." Do you see any downside to locking it like that for a gaming profile? Why don't you use it?
Yes I disable them all. The reason P3 and P4 are circled is to highlight that you click on the actual text to disable a state.

The only downside is that when you switch back to desktop you need to enable the stock profile though if you save that in OverdriveNTool, it's just change the profile to the stock or in my case I call it Desktop LP (Low Power).

Power consumption during gaming with the P7 profile is the same or better than the stock profile with the exception of low load games where it can't downclock and run at a lower power state. I've not found much use for leaving lower power states active though even in games like FTL.

One of the main advantages is the lack stuttering when it changes P State. Also it gives a much steadier framerate with less dips again due to a lack of P State changes.

My Desktop Profile:

unknown.png

My Gaming 1100mv Profile:

unknown.png

For anyone wanting to use the 200% Power Target, it's a reg edit for the Power Play table. I've included them in a 7z file here. One is for the first 16x slot and the other for the second 16x slot.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/204857968192126977/545240790985736212/200powertarget.7z

Associate
Thank you I'll give it a go. To any noobs like me that read this and try OverdriveNTool make sure to read the description.
For driver 18.12.2 or newer use 0.2.8 beta1 (link) Do not just download it from the top links^^

Associate
Thank you I'll give it a go. To any noobs like me that read this and try OverdriveNTool make sure to read the description.
For driver 18.12.2 or newer use 0.2.8 beta1 (link) Do not just download it from the top links^^

What's the reason for using the beta version? I'm using OverdriveNTool 0.2.7 and haven't encountered issues (that I am aware of).

Soldato
What's the reason for using the beta version? I'm using OverdriveNTool 0.2.7 and haven't encountered issues (that I am aware of).
among other issues see below......

anyone else finding issues with overdriventool? just reinstalled it as I wattman does my head in and it wont let me change the target temp to anything other than 78°c....if I set it to say 70°c when I hit apply it goes back to the default 78

Need to use the beta version. 0.2.8 beta 1 I believe.

Associate
Because that's what it says on their website. I don't know you'd have to ask them I'ma noob. But I did just find that you can set the min and max state in Wattman itself by right clicking each state.

Associate
No problem - happy to take the advice. Just wondered if there was a specific reason :)
To be quite honest it wasn't working quite right for me so I'm going to pass on it for now although I am very grateful to Trixx for posting and showing me because I am going to try to mess with the one state all the time but I'm going to try it with Wattman first until they release non-beta for my drivers. I'd have never known you could do that and never stumbled across the fact you can do it in Wattman without Trixx^^ I haven't seen anyone else talk about that and I've been reading and watching guides for weekssssssssssss. And it makes total sense to me why that would work and fix my issues so far with my VEGA 64.

Associate
My error maybe I think^^ Disregard this couldn't figure out how to delete so I just edited. Yes I'm that dumb when it comes to this stuff boys.

Associate
To be quite honest it wasn't working quite right for me so I'm going to pass on it for now although I am very grateful to Trixx for posting and showing me because I am going to try to mess with the one state all the time but I'm going to try it with Wattman first until they release non-beta for my drivers. I'd have never known you could do that and never stumbled across the fact you can do it in Wattman without Trixx^^ I haven't seen anyone else talk about that and I've been reading and watching guides for weekssssssssssss. And it makes total sense to me why that would work and fix my issues so far with my VEGA 64.
Everything you do in OverdriveNTool you can do in Wattman. It's just an easier and faster UI than Wattman. In the earlier drivers it was also more reliable at applying changes. So by all means if Wattman is working fine for you then use it ;)

The 0.27 version is for drivers prior to the Dec Adrenaline drivers. After that they altered Fan and power target functions slightly so Dec and Jan drivers work with 0.28.1 Beta. From my testing Feb drivers are broken for me and don't function correctly at all. Mostly because it throttles on temp and using TJunction (Hotspot) instead of TDie from what I can see and that just falls over repeatedly for me. It seems to run off the stock BIOS setting of 75C and my Hotspot hits 80 with my 1050mv settings. Nothing I can seemingly do about it either.

Associate
@Jay540 Had a little play around and my new sweet spot is P7 1672/1050mv in powersave bios.
Gives mins of 43fps in 4k optimised (2 more than my highest settings) - I can push my mem to 1130 too.
My bad - those settings produce artificing in games - not straightaway though and they produced mentally high fps - it was doing 58-60fps galloping through crowded streets in witcher 3 @ 4k ultra settings hairworks off, in my testing.

Associate
How's everyone setting up their fans?
The software update changed it to a curve instead of a target, but with it set to Auto tried Apex last night and the thing was mad loud with temps hitting around 80c after a while.

I need to do some tweaking as haven't touched it since end of Nov/beginning of Dec, but only played Fortnite from then to now so not really properly taxed the card. Thinking maybe I'm just not used to hearing a loud computer? :rolleyes:
I keep fan control in wattman at auto and use MSI afterburner beta 12 to configure a custom fan curve.You have finer control with Afterburner and in my case changing any setting in wattman causes the fans to idle at 1200rpm. So therefore I use Afterburner to make it so the fans are off until 35 degrees or so

Back
Top Bottom