CITROEN C5 PETROL AUTOMATIC

Associate
Hello everyone
I am looking to buy CITROEN C5 PETROL AUTOMATIC with hydractive/hydraulic suspension max10 years old.
I've decided to write here because I didn't find it for last 14 months in UK.
Thank you for your help everybody!

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Here's one - 2005 3.0 V6 w/ auto 'box. Here's another - 2006 2.0 auto. And that's it for Auto Trader, just those two first gens. Pistonheads doesn't have any petrol ones as far as I can tell. eBay Motors is also short on petrol examples.

The problems are a) the car didn't sell incredibly well in the UK (they sold all of around 17,000 of the second gen ones here for example), b) the ones they did sell were mostly diesels and c) the second generation ones made the hydropneumatic suspension optional so a bunch of the (already minimal) cars around don't have it.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
So good that Bentley stole the system! :) I hate french cars, but that suspension system was amazing.

Associate
OP
I've got registration in 20 websites but I hope here I could meet the owner who will sell straight to me.
About the car and suspension I love. It has saved my life and the car was all right after I've jumped over the curb bridge on the road. The speed was approximately 100 M/h

Soldato
I've got registration in 20 websites but I hope here I could meet the owner who will sell straight to me.
About the car and suspension I love. It has saved my life and the car was all right after I've jumped over the curb bridge on the road. The speed was approximately 100 M/h
Yea, sure it was

JRS

JRS

Soldato
So good that Bentley stole the system! :)

And immediately set about botching it, adding miles of extra Goes Nowhere Does Nothing™ pipework, fitting pumps that don't really pump and using the suspension spheres and struts for self-levelling only rather than the full ride quality and height control that Citroen had ;)

Man of Honour
That suspension always made me feel sick. My ex's father had a DS and her step father had a BX and after the first couple of trips in each I used to politely decline when they offered me a lift home and walked instead. Hated the damn things.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
That suspension always made me feel sick. My ex's father had a DS and her step father had a BX and after the first couple of trips in each I used to politely decline when they offered me a lift home and walked instead. Hated the damn things.

Funny, isn't it. A DS was the first car my mum ever rode in that didn't make her car sick. I do have to wonder sometimes if people hate on the hydropneumatic suspension design because they've only ever experienced it when it was half-broken thanks to poor/no maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom