Nitro Concepts S300 overview.

Caporegime
BAv2Shf.jpg

OcUK Product page - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nitro-concepts-s300-fabric-gaming-chair-radiant-white-gc-03f-nr.html

Nitro Concepts Product page - http://www.nitro-concepts.com/en/s300-gaming-chair-radiant-white/

Today I will be giving an overview and my thoughts on a £230 gaming chair from Nitro Concepts called the S300

Gaming chairs from Nitro Concepts span a large range of price points so that many user budgets are catered for starting with the C80 at around £120 RRP rising up to this S300 at approximately £230 RRP. Now the big question is what do you get for you £230 compared to other brands equal or higher priced offerings.

The Nitro Concepts S300 features include

• 2yr warranty
• High-quality fabric cover with intense colour scheme
• Comfortable & breathable cold foam upholstery
• Quiet 50 mm castors for a variety of floor types
• Adjustable 3D armrests
• Customisable backrest and rocking mechanism
• 135Kg maximum user weight

Overview of the parts

DSC_0174.jpg

Included in the box you have the castors, gas strut, tilt and height mechanism, bolts/screws and multi tool device and some plastic covers which are used to cover where the base joins to the backrest.

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

The wheelbase is large and made from a thick plastic with lots of reinforcing moulding, I usually have bad experiences with plastic ones of these as over time I usually find they crack somewhere around the castor mounting holes but time will tell with this one.

DSC_0144.jpg

Cushions for the lumbar and head, these both have straps to secure them to the chair.

DSC_0154.jpg

The base which has the armrests alreay mounted and ready to go out of the box.

DSC_0146.jpg

The back rest.

Assembling the S300 chair

DSC_0175.jpg

First thing to do is to attach the castors to the wheelbase and push fit the gas strut in to it, then place the palstic strut cover over that.

DSC_0178.jpg

Next fit the tilt and height mechanism to the base using four of the supplied bolts. Like most of these there is an arrow indicating which way to face the front.

DSC_0180.jpg

Place the base onto the gas strut in the designated hole.

DSC_0182.jpg

Attach the backrest to the base with the other four bolts.

DSC_0184.jpg

Then using the two screws also provided cover the metal mounting plates with the two plastic covers.

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Attach the cushions to the chair and its all complete.

In the picture above I have quickly wrapped the straps around the backrest for quick testing with and without them, but for proper fitment you are meant to thread the straps through the plastic cutout in the headrest shown below

DSC_0150.jpg

Then down underneath and up the back of the backrest.

Being 6ft 4" I do prefer to have my head cushion higher up than if it was threaded through this plastic cutout like you are suppose to have it.

The completed chair

DSC_0190.jpg

So here we have it in all its glory.

It is a very nice looking chair and is very comfy to use. The castors roll around very easily on the carpet in my room and the included cushions are also excellt and help provide some welcome lumber support.

The fact the cushions remain in place when you get up and leave the chair is also an added bonus which my current gaming chair does not provide.

DSC_0148.jpg

The sticthing and quality of the materials look and feel excellent, but I do wonder how well the white version of this chair will stay white or weather it will start to look or get a bit grubby quicker than a darker coloured version would.

DSC_0164.jpg

The armrests have height adjustment.

DSC_0156.jpg

Angle in.

DSC_0155.jpg

Or angle out

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

And slide forwards and backwards.

DSC_0169.jpg

You also have a bit of adjustment for how close they are to the base with aprroximately 2 cm of movment in or out on each one.

Summing up

Nitro Concepts have created a wonderful looking and well featured gaming chair in a market with a large number of offerings at various price points, sure this is not the cheapest one you can buy but it is certainly not the most expensive either.

This S300 has a large range of adjustment and also somethings like the "stay in place" cushions that are not even found on higher priced chairs.

The seat itself is deep and provides excellent thigh support with the backrest also being very comfy with good back support should you want to sit straight backed or maybe even slump a little.

A 2 year warranty is par for the course these days, so should you experience any issues or have a breakage then atleast you know you will get help once you provide proof of purchase.

Time will tell if the plastic base withstands my weight and daily abuse compared to metal ones found on higher priced chairs, also the white fabric may start to dull and look dirty over time but there are many other colour options to pick from should you worry about that, I certainly don't hence why I have the white version.

Overall another excellent gaming chair from Nitro Concepts and one that I hope will last through many years of use.

Soldato
Sorry to revive a thread, I've just bought the S300 in purple today.

I've been having a look and didn't really want to spend much on a chair, but due to my posture issues I feel I have no choice but to get a good adjustable chair. Looking around on the interweb there is a huge array of chairs, a lot seem to be really, really bulky and large, then you look at the reviews and see they just fall apart.

It seems that this chair is the entry level of quality adjustable chairs, there was a Nitro concepts chair just under this one which to be honest looks better, but no adjustable arm wrests, what's that all about? Insanity!

Associate
The S300 looks like the Noble Epic which I had delivered on Fri. The Epic does everything the S300 does and even looks like it. I love this chair and wish I had purchased it a long time ago as its good for my back.

OcUK Staff
The S300 looks like the Noble Epic which I had delivered on Fri. The Epic does everything the S300 does and even looks like it. I love this chair and wish I had purchased it a long time ago as its good for my back.

Nitro and Noble are our brands, as such we design them (Caseking / OcUK) and they are built to a very high level of quality, of course this is somewhat reflected in the price, but as the saying goes you pay for what you get and both noble and nitro chairs are very high quality and designed to last for years, not months like some of the cheap gaming chairs on the market.

Associate
Me to and what a chair. Want to get another for the living room but don't think the wife will allow as she is the boss (Or so she thinks) bless her.

Soldato
After using the S300, it feels very sturdy and comfy, very adjustable, looks great too, can sit in it for hours! Seems like it'll last a long time, was 258 quid with delivery from OcUK but feel it's worth it and it's reignited desktop gaming for me.

Soldato
i need a new chair, my nitro c80 i think, i got it b grade, feb 2017 and it has got really uncomfortable recently and the main seat padding is getting uncomfortable. how many years should they last?

what is a good cost effective replacement, i probably do not really need a gaming chair now, but they do look nice. i also do not want another faux leather, fabric is what i seek.

OcUK Staff
The S300 is a better built chair in my opinion, they may cost a bit more but will definitely last you longer. And it is fabric, so ideal if that's what you're after. :)

Associate
Hi all,
sorry to resurrect this thread but i just received one of this chair and have small problem.
On back seat, on around of it its zipper. Yet on my sit i dont see any holder to zipped/unzipped and on one and zipper it self is open or broken.
Does any one could confirm that it should be handel for that zipper?

IMG-20201213-103758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom