PSU brands with UK RMA

Associate
I'm looking to buy a new PSU soon. As they often have long warranties I'd like one with a UK based RMA, just in case. I've had failed hardware in the past where the retailer has refused to help, meaning it would have to be sent abroad incurring high shipping costs. I would like to avoid this in future.

Unfortunately most manufacturers don't seem to publish this information, or at least I can't find it! I'm hoping for some help filling in this list:

Antec - ???
Bequiet! - Germany (https://www.bequiet.com/en/warranty)
Bitfenix - ???
Coolermaster - ???
Corsair - UK (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138490)
EVGA - UK (https://images.evga.com/warranty/shipping/PSU_UK_Shipping_Guidelines.pdf)
Riotoro - ???
SeaSonic - UK (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32497642)
Silverstone - ???
Super Flower - ???
Thermaltake - ???
XFX - ???

Thanks!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I believe Superflower is send to OCUK and then they send it to Taiwan after the first year.

I think Antec is Rotterdam, maybe @Ace Modder our Antec rep can confirm this.

Out of your list I would only look at psu's from Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, EVGA, Bitfenix Formula series and maybe Riotoro and even then only the Gold rated and higher models from each.

BeQuiet tends to be overpriced and short warranties. I only have one as it was a review sample.
Silverstone tends to have short warranties.
Superflower tends to have short warranties.
Coolermaster psu's tend to be hit or miss with regards to quality. They have churned out some awful psu's and not that many good ones.
Thermaltake is similar to Coolermaster and now they are adding RGB to everything. No thanks!!
XFX has good units many of which are Seasonic built but are let down by awful customer service.

With the likes of Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA and Antec offering a 10 year warranty (Certain Seasonic and Corsair units have 12 years) on a lot of their psu's it's about time that Superflower, Silverstone and BeQuiet matched them. Even Antec's and Bitfenix's mid range psu's are being offered with 5 and 7 years warranty now. You can pay £305 for a BeQuiet 1200w Platinum psu or even £420 on a Superflower 8Pack edition 2000w psu and still only have a pathetic 5 year warranty. It's disgraceful. Antec offers 7 years on their £74 550w Earthwatts Pro and Seasonic offers 10 years on all Focus Plus Gold units which can be had from £84 on OCUK. EVGA offers 10 years on it's G2 and G3 units which are basically tweaked Superflower Leadex and Leadex II psu's which Superflower only offer 5 and 7 years respectively. If EVGA can offer 10 years then why not Superflower? If companies such as BeQuiet, Superflower etc insist on charging a premium price for their psu's then they should offer the warranty to match.

Associate
OP
Hello,

RMA for the UK is the be shipped to our UK warehouse.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Thank you, that's good news as I was considering some Seasonic models!

I believe Superflower is send to OCUK and then they send it to Taiwan after the first year.

I think Antec is Rotterdam, maybe @Ace Modder our Antec rep can confirm this.

Out of your list I would only look at psu's from Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, EVGA, Bitfenix Formula series and maybe Riotoro and even then only the Gold rated and higher models from each.

BeQuiet tends to be overpriced and short warranties. I only have one as it was a review sample.
Silverstone tends to have short warranties.
Superflower tends to have short warranties.
Coolermaster psu's tend to be hit or miss with regards to quality. They have churned out some awful psu's and not that many good ones.
Thermaltake is similar to Coolermaster and now they are adding RGB to everything. No thanks!!
XFX has good units many of which are Seasonic built but are let down by awful customer service.

With the likes of Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA and Antec offering a 10 year warranty (Certain Seasonic and Corsair units have 12 years) on a lot of their psu's it's about time that Superflower, Silverstone and BeQuiet matched them. Even Antec's and Bitfenix's mid range psu's are being offered with 5 and 7 years warranty now. You can pay £305 for a BeQuiet 1200w Platinum psu or even £420 on a Superflower 8Pack edition 2000w psu and still only have a pathetic 5 year warranty. It's disgraceful. Antec offers 7 years on their £74 550w Earthwatts Pro and Seasonic offers 10 years on all Focus Plus Gold units which can be had from £84 on OCUK. EVGA offers 10 years on it's G2 and G3 units which are basically tweaked Superflower Leadex and Leadex II psu's which Superflower only offer 5 and 7 years respectively. If EVGA can offer 10 years then why not Superflower? If companies such as BeQuiet, Superflower etc insist on charging a premium price for their psu's then they should offer the warranty to match.

Thank you for the advice! I'm definitely only considering Gold rated or higher and am reading reviews on JonnyGuru/Kitguru/Toms etc as I want to get something decent.

I completely agree about the warranties - I was initially considering Bequiet! until I saw the prices and warranty lengths vs other brands.

Soldato
I had a couple of Seasonics replaced a couple of years ago (both cold start issues only). The return was handled excellent, I sent the PSU's off to UK address, however i'm pretty sure the return was from Germany. The returned PSU's came with EU mains plugs, however they also included UK mains plugs. On a plus note one of my PSU's was out of stock, so got a P660 replaced for a P760. Was kept up to date by email showing status of return. No connection to Seasonic just someone who uses their PSU's, would say other good things about Kingson memory, and Western Digital also.

Associate
To be complete:

- PSU are shipped back by our customers to our UK warehouse.
- Replacement is coming from Germany, our main RMA Center for EU.
- For the plug, as much as possible, better to keep it as only PSU specifically sold to UK will have UK plug, else only EU.

As always, for RMA or not, any question, please contact us any time and we will gladly assist you the best we can.

Thanks.

Associate
I did an RMA with Antec once. The psu was EOL. They said if I wanted the replacement model, I would have to pay £20 which I did. At least they didn't ask me to ship the psu back to Holland which is where their rma center was. Never bought another Antec product after that.

Associate
Antec is rotterdam, once we have the PSU back we send a new unit out with no fees or charges. Not sure why you paid £20 previously?
I'm not sure why too. This was back in 2006. My faulty neopower 480 was discontinued and the neopower 550 cost more. They said I wouldn't have to ship the faulty one back so I paid it because I didn't have to pay postage.

Soldato
Can't say it's changed for the better if we have to pay for shipping to Rotterdam. A UK RMA center is welcome.
Something that OCUK doesn't advertise is that we allow OcUK to handle our warranty for the full period of the warranty period, so you can return it back to OcUK for the full 10 years (if the model has full 10 years or less if the model is a shorter period) and they can verfiy the fault and offer a replacement for you.

Associate
Something that OCUK doesn't advertise is that we allow OcUK to handle our warranty for the full period of the warranty period, so you can return it back to OcUK for the full 10 years (if the model has full 10 years or less if the model is a shorter period) and they can verfiy the fault and offer a replacement for you.
That's great to hear.

Associate

Hi there

Sorry to hear of this issue, as the item is over 12 months old you will need to speak to Antec and they will facilitate a warranty claim for you :)

Bailey

Disappointing.
I'll buy a new psu no Antec ofc and not from OCUK either.

Last edited:
Soldato
well we are happy for OcUK to deal with the warranty on our behalf for the entire life of the warranty, we cannot enforce they do that though, but for customer ease of use, we do 100% allow it.
I cannot comment on what OcUK wants to offer, but a customers contract and rights are with OcUK, and not with us directly. All of our resellers should be able to facilitate the warranty on our behalf for sure. If the reseller doesn't want to support the warranty on our behalf then we will 100% support you directly. But the first port of call is whom you purchased it from.

Soldato
sure corsair rep @CorsairChris mentioned RMA units are just replaced and RMA is UK based. hopefully be able to confirm , guessing why they are priced a little higher

seasonic units are repaired in Germany by third party company. Bequiet is in germany but inhouse i believe - been a while since i looked . Their team is based in Germany as well (RMA support)

You've also got Gigabyte/Aorus with RMA team based in UK and @GIGA-Man rep on here as well. Units only 750-850w though

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...opoulos/gigabyte-aorus-gp-ap850gm-psu-review/

Should help with tier listing

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/986897-psu-tier-list-30/

Last edited:
Associate
Confirmed what @orbitalwalsh said, we don't repair RMA'd units, we will just send a replacement. Our RMA center is also UK based, so would be a pretty quick efficient turnaround.

Also offer the fast RMA solution where you can put a hold value on a card to get a replacement instantly shipped while we await the return!

Back
Top Bottom