Apex Legends BR

Associate
I think its a game, bang in the middle of quake/cs, with a big of BR.

Can't say i see much of anything like CS about it. Closer to CoD to be honest, just on much bigger scale.

It's slow getting into games, and then with protracted drop ship stuff, a bit tedious

do people stick around after they die to watch or does everyone quit off? I get the feeling everyone's left tbh but don't know how you'd check

Man of Honour
Played this tonight with a couple of mates. Played 4 games, got no kills and just got wrecked every game. I have no idea what I am doing still to be fair, looks interesting though and plays really nicely.

Soldato
Got glitched and couldn't move any faster than downed speed and got jumped 2v2 for the 2nd place loss. Game is a crashing glitch fest.

Yeah, my mate had this when we were in the last 3 squads :( Very annoying. Likewise, made it to last 5 squads, only 12 players in total and we had all 3 and my mate CTD :(

Tbf, it's generally very well polished when I think how PubG was...

Associate
I don't why people insist on going for the supply ship or the random high loot areas after the jump. Never ends well for me my squad always does better getting away from the crowd and developing some good loot slow time.

I play with randoms and I'm ****, though.

Soldato
I don't why people insist on going for the supply ship or the random high loot areas after the jump. Never ends well for me my squad always does better getting away from the crowd and developing some good loot slow time.

I play with randoms and I'm ****, though.

If you're reasonably good along with your squad you can get some fast kills and good loot. Problem I normally find is that if there's more than one other team you can have real issues with a lack of ammo.

Associate
If you're reasonably good along with your squad you can get some fast kills and good loot. Problem I normally find is that if there's more than one other team you can have real issues with a lack of ammo.

I just think if the objective is to be the last squad standing, then there's a higher probability of achieving that with a defensive start followed by aggression once you get your kit.

Soldato
I'm struggling to understand how the damage system in this game works. I've just pumped multiple spitfire magazines into a player and did notthing to them, the damage figures floated up (including multiple headshots), but they just wouldn't go down. They turned around and hit me twice with a pistol and killed me. I had L3 body armour, L2 helmet and full shields.

This is happening all too often. No matter what gun I use and how many magazines I pump into somebody they simply won't die or get knocked down.

Soldato
I'm struggling to understand how the damage system in this game works. I've just pumped multiple spitfire magazines into a player and did notthing to them, the damage figures floated up (including multiple headshots), but they just wouldn't go down. They turned around and hit me twice with a pistol and killed me. I had L3 body armour, L2 helmet and full shields.

This is happening all too often. No matter what gun I use and how many magazines I pump into somebody they simply won't die or get knocked down.

This is exactly my experience.

Soldato
I just think if the objective is to be the last squad standing, then there's a higher probability of achieving that with a defensive start followed by aggression once you get your kit.

No harm in that either, it's just less entertaining plus you don't improve much by being defensive as I see it. Quite a lot of very early engagements are close quarters which is what you want to improve on. Tracking at range not under much pressure later game is far easier than early game when you have very few supplies and need to react quickly. You can bring that into late game with a big advantage if you're fast on the buttons with good movement and aim.

Dropping early around others also gives you an idea on the rest of your team. It's pretty painful getting into late game after looting only to find out your teammates might as well be playing with a blindfold :D Then again my aim is sometimes off so they probably think the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
They need a Solo mode just to practice the game. I only played about an hour, but I got weird anxiety about performing for my squad while having zero gaming experience. I didn't want to drop solo out of the squad as that seems a douche move.

Soldato
They need a Solo mode just to practice the game. I only played about an hour, but I got weird anxiety about performing for my squad while having zero gaming experience. I didn't want to drop solo out of the squad as that seems a douche move.
Nobody cares mate we're all equally bad :D

Associate
Don't worry about it jbod, its only a game and games are all about having fun :) im pretty terrible at this game and don't have many kills at all, I still find it great fun though and don't care too much if I die quick etc, ive found the community to be quite friendly on this game as a whole.

All I do is try to stay in close proximity to my squad, loot, and try not to die lol I don't put much pressure on myself in this game as its all about the fun in apex, just enjoy ya self mate and maybe team up with some people in the ocuk discord, I mostly just go solo with randoms but occasionally play with a mate.

Im finding the game great fun although like I said, im very bad at it lol :)

Associate
Don't worry about it jbod, its only a game and games are all about having fun :)

All I do is try to stay in close proximity to my squad, loot, and try not to die lol I don't put much pressure on myself in this game as its all about the fun in apex, just enjoy ya self mate and maybe team up with some people in the ocuk discord, I mostly just go solo with randoms but occasionally play with a mate.

Im finding the game great fun although like I said, im very bad at it lol :)

I've found that I needed to change my mental model of this game. I started pretty early as a try hard and got really angry at myself for loosing any battle. I think I've now managed to change to dropping where I want, helping the squad , saying thanks for the game when we die horribly, and then trying again with more randoms.

It's also fun when playing with friends but that adds a bit more pressure to perform...

Back
Top Bottom