Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Associate
Anyone having problems in 4K?

The game starts in 5120 x 1440p... with side bars for cinematics (should be 3840 x 2160 with new 418.91 drivers) for me and wont let me change res?!

Soldato
I was going to pick this up, but it's £45 - on key sites!!
When did PC games get so expensive? I don't buy a huge amount these days, but a few years back PC games via key sites were about half that price at launch.

Soldato
When did PC games get so expensive? I don't buy a huge amount these days, but a few years back PC games via key sites were about half that price at launch.

You missed the boat a bit, as soon as reviews came out the cdkey sites bumped the price. I picked it up for £38 on Wednesday. That being said AAA PC games have rarely been cheaper than £27 at launch. Unfortunately rising costs of development/marketing are pushing prices up and we have to pay. That being said I don't mind it as much if it's a quality product that I'll get more than a few hours out of.

Man of Honour
You missed the boat a bit, as soon as reviews came out the cdkey sites bumped the price. I picked it up for £38 on Wednesday. That being said AAA PC games have rarely been cheaper than £27 at launch. Unfortunately rising costs of development/marketing are pushing prices up and we have to pay. That being said I don't mind it as much if it's a quality product that I'll get more than a few hours out of.

Its strange when you think about it, back in the old days where marketing was putting ads in magazines, posters, having a nice big box and hefty manual etc. Most marketing these days seems to consist of giving some streamers some copies and letting them youtube or twitch the game for a bit. You'd think that would be much cheaper than the old methods of marketing.

Like you, if its a quality product I'm ok with the prices but part of me does suspect that we as consumers have let prices creep up and accept it now as the "norm"

Soldato
I remember "Full Price" Spectrum games in the 80's being £10.

PC games being £20-£30

Console games being £40 not long after.

For some reason, computer game prices stagnated for a good few decades which is odd as the cost of developing games has increased significantly compared to the bedroom coders of the 80's but then again, publishers were the ones making the cash then.

And full circle, Deep Silver want more cash now :D

Man of Honour
I remember "Full Price" Spectrum games in the 80's being £10.

PC games being £20-£30

Console games being £40 not long after.

For some reason, computer game prices stagnated for a good few decades which is odd as the cost of developing games has increased significantly compared to the bedroom coders of the 80's but then again, publishers were the ones making the cash then.

And full circle, Deep Silver want more cash now :D

I think console prices have been the driving factor of game prices. Console games were always way more (like double) than other formats. Due I believe at the time because of the cartridges etc. Then over time prices sort of came into line, perhaps aided by past console gamers moving onto PC gaming and being used to the higher prices for the games

Soldato
Too expensive for my liking given single player and expected max of 20 hours for a play through. £44+ from key sites is getting silly given it's not on steam which further reduces their costs.

Soldato

Yea, they are pricing PC games the same as consoles now. Consoles games are more expensive because Sony/MS take royalties from each sale, but that doesn't happen on an open platform like PC. It's just more money grabbing.

Soldato
Yea, they are pricing PC games the same as consoles now. Consoles games are more expensive because Sony/MS take royalties from each sale, but that doesn't happen on an open platform like PC. It's just more money grabbing.
Same game on consoles sell about x10 more than PC though is mainly why! Many PC gamers are not using recent hardware either so wait until games are way cheaper in sales before buying.

Soldato
I played first 20 minutes. First I got hard freeze that needed hard reset of PC, then I dropped GPU overclock by 50mhz and it was stable. Game seems that it will be fantastic, although I have two issues I dislike:

- Artyom being mute moron again is annoying af
- controller sensitivity is all kinds of bad, so I dunno if I will want to play until they patch this

Back
Top Bottom