• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Vega 56 Pulse Crashes

Associate
Sorry to hijack slightly but what would the minimum power supply you could get away with? Looking at the Vega 56 myself and have a 620w PSU, 4670k @ 4ghz .

I have the same processor @ 3.5, 2 HDD's, 1 SSD, 4 Case fans, card reader and DVD re-writer. All powered by a 650w PSU, calculator says I need close to 590W and everything runs fine for me.

So depending on what else you have in your rig, you *should* be ok, but wont have much room for overclocking it.

Soldato
I have the same processor @ 3.5, 2 HDD's, 1 SSD, 4 Case fans, card reader and DVD re-writer. All powered by a 650w PSU, calculator says I need close to 590W and everything runs fine for me.

So depending on what else you have in your rig, you *should* be ok, but wont have much room for overclocking it.
Cool thanks

Associate
I run a 550w 5 year old Corsair PSU, my Sapphire Vega56 Pulse happily sits at 1630-1640, at about 60 degrees. Fan at 1300rpm.

Are we sure its a PSU issue and not just a problem with the timings/voltages?

Associate
OP
Go big, you already have a barely enough watts PSU.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ante...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-24p-an.html

I feel your pain though, I'm running my V64 off of a 550w PSU as well atm while waiting for the new one. Pretty much throttle it myself to ensure it gets enough juice.

Thank you. I`ve already bought EVGA 750W gold!
I`ve tried to undervolt and underclock with HBM at stock 800Mhz and even with these settings it crashed...
Anyway, it was good excuse to buy new case and new cpu cooler, so I might be able to OC my 1600x to 4Ghz...

Associate
OP
I run a 550w 5 year old Corsair PSU, my Sapphire Vega56 Pulse happily sits at 1630-1640, at about 60 degrees. Fan at 1300rpm.

Are we sure its a PSU issue and not just a problem with the timings/voltages?

Maybe it was issue with my OC settings. Unfortunately, I don`t have time right now to test it further...

Associate
OP
I've changed PSU to EVGA 750w Gold and new case, It should be better airflow in CoolerMaster Q300L, but I still have that crashes every 1,5-2hrs of gameplay) My OC preset, P6 1582 1000mv, P7 1602 1025 and 930mhz on memory. Core temps 73 max, HMB temps 77 max...
I will try stock settings on balanced mode, to make sure its not the card itself cousing this crashes... if evrything okay, I will install new drivers 19.2.2 to see if I can have stable OC on new drivers... maybe its just the drivers... or I'm terrible in OCing )))
Error the same: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET, this usually indicates a driver bug, or GPU hardware failing/overheating. If you were running a game at the time of this error then game may have triggered a driver bug or caused your GPU to overheat...

Man of Honour
Just RMA the card for a new one. Clearly we/you have excluded everything else but the card.
Ergo the card is faulty

Man of Honour
If you want to. Swap to second bios and run at stock settings first though. If it runs fine, then it's an unstable overclocked causing the issue

Associate
Maybe it is just a bios and I need to try switch to secondary and then try to OC?
I found the power saving bios gave more stable underclocks than the default performance bios on my 64 nitro.
However - if it's crashing on stock settings, then something is wrong with the card, or driver conflicts.
A lot of people are reporting the 19.2.2 drivers are bugged - so you may be better off going backwards to 18.12.2

Associate
OP
Hello Guys,

The card doesn't crash on stock settings...balanced or turbo. It will crash if I do manual OC, auto-OC or auto-undervolt, but it is OC, so Overclockers guy said that if card is stable on stock setting, they can`t swap it.
I will have to keep it, so I was doing some tests and I found out that my OC card crashes only if core clock exceeds official boost clock of 1512Mhz...
I found out that card is stable on these settings: P6 1522MHz 1025mV; P7 1572MHz 1050mV and HMB2 at 930MHz, 900mV (I`m not sure if I can push mV higher to achieve higher MHz). Core clock seats around 1500MHz and I was able to play 5 hours without any crashes... not the best OC results but Im happy enough.

Thank you again everyone!

Man of Honour
glad it works at stock and all sorted, but yeah, unfortunately it appears your card is a bit of a dud for overclocking :(

Associate
Can you tell me from GPUZ who makes the HBM memory on your card. I know hynix RAM does not overclock at all very well and 930 is just too much.

Back
Top Bottom