******Official War Thunder Thread*******

Soldato
So anyone else currently back on? I know I've said I never would play this again but after a chat with an old mate who said its really improved I thought I'd give it a nose and its actually pretty fun again. Still can't say I'll ever give Gaijin another penny of mine

Associate
So anyone else currently back on? I know I've said I never would play this again but after a chat with an old mate who said its really improved I thought I'd give it a nose and its actually pretty fun again. Still can't say I'll ever give Gaijin another penny of mine

I've just started giving it some time again too, loads of new vehicles.... but the grind... whow..

Soldato
Not played in an age but I keep the game updated always with a mind to revisiting it. We had some good times on it.

p.s. despite our past differences I hope you’re on the mend.

Soldato
@Thekwango I appreciate that, thank you. Taking one day at a time but it's going to be a long road.

Playing this with you guys helped me through some really tough times, there was always a blast to be had. You should definitely come on sometime, it feels more balanced; though that could just be nostalgia.

Soldato
Its probably in a worse place now than its ever been, all betas locked behind an expensive paywall, new content being added is tier 5 and 6 stuff which unless you pay for premium you havent got a chance of getting, and even the servers which used to be amazing now seem to suffer with lag and desync.

Its good for new players and thats about it, its not the game it was 5 years ago and is worse for it.

Associate
Its all going off there at the moment. Gaijin released a video explaining how to beat the stock grind. Basically saying the easiest way was to spend money.
There was also a stream the other day with one of Gaijin staff comparing giving FPE and Parts for free is the same as giving everyone a Abrams Tank. These are guys with press accounts that have never had to grind for anything

There is now a thread in the forum asking to change the system for Parts and FPE. The thread is heavily moderated and has been locked a couple of times for pruning of posts.

I still play a heap, i would say its still my primary game, but their disdain for the player-base and their heavy handedness is pretty bad

War Thunder is in a pretty bad place right now

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
How are the choppers?
I watched a vid last week ago, suggesting that they were a bit broken. I'm a bit of a helicopter fan and fly all of the ones in DCS. Curious how WT deals with them.

Associate
Choppers are a bit meh. They are ok in RB i think though i generally don't play RB as im still an AB gamer. For anyone else its chopper vs chopper combat which is not ideal. To be fair, the choppers are really nice, i just dont see how they fit in seeing as they start at br 9.0

Associate
I've just unlocked the Challenger Mk2 last week and I'm also in the Ships beta, I only really play planes to earn silver lions rather than it being my focus.

I still really like the ground forces realistic battles there isn't anything else that comes close which is why I keep coming back to it. Something very satisfying about being in a tight spot in an engagement and then out of nowhere an ally delivers some close air support and its turned around.

The new SP (spawn point) system introduced in the latest update is a big help too. It helps encourage players spawning in tanks (cheaper) rather than rushing a cap with an SPAA then jumping into a plane.

Soldato
Can't say I've noticed any Desync or lag whatsoever and I've been playing a lot for the past few days. True some content is behind an expensive pay wall but it's Gaijin, I'm getting a lot of fun out of the game again, that's all I can say really.

Last edited:
Associate
So I've finally upgraded my PC and one of the first games I downloaded was War Thunder which I enjoyed all maxed out and running beautifully... And then...

I'll just copy and paste my post in the Steam War Thunder forum:

Hi,
First of all, I'm new to War Thunder. Installed it this morning and I've been loving it so far! :)

Unfortunately, 'so far' is now over. Every time I start a battle, after a few minutes (about 3 or 4), I lose connection. I don't mean just to the game, I mean everything.
The only way I can get my internet connection back up after this happens is to run the Windows 10 connection diagnostic.
This is a brand new system (assembled yesterday) so all drivers are as fresh as fresh can be. I even reinstalled the Realtek LAN driver this evening but this did not fix the issue.
I unticked the options in the launcher settings ("seed after download", "UTP download", etc) and limited download and uploads to 1000kb. This did not fix the issue.
I turned my router on and off again. Did not fix the issue.
I turned off all Windows 10 firewalls. Did not fix the issue.
I launched World of Warships. No issues at all.
I've searched the net for solutions but the couple of forum threads I found were locked without an answer (Sky forums, War Thunder forums).
This morning, I was playing fine. I downloaded a Windows update this afternoon and I believe this could be behind this problem.
Has anybody else had this problem?
Please help, I'd really like to enjoy this game!

:(

Oh forgot to add; my ISP is Sky

Soldato
I still pop on now and again, although the grind is unbelievably ridiculous, and I'm getting a bit sick of the matchmaking if I'm entirely honest.

Tried some of the boats, they're quite a fun and frantic laugh, but trying to take out a BR 1.7 boat with your BR 1.0 boat is tough, so I looked forward to being a bit more even when I got my first BR 1.3 boat. Nope, welcome to getting royally stuffed constantly by BR 2.0 boats, even though you've only got a single BR 1.3 boat in your lineup. It makes for no fun, so I quickly drifted back off to other games. At least in planes your lack of firepower was made up for by usually being able to out-maneuver a higher BR enemy.

There's quite a few low level tanks I'd like to unlock to have a bash at, but the XP reward for a loss is so pitiful that I end up bored before I unlock a new vehicle.

Soldato
The high end grind is obscene but then that's why people are buying £50 premium vehicles to leap frog past it.

I'm happy enough trundling along at 6.7's and lower now I've found a good group of people to play with again.

There is a new mode coming set to really shake things up for squadrons called world war mode that should be really fun.

Soldato
Just started playing this and definately need some help, can anyone recommend an up-to-date guide.

Done the tutorials and just been doing ground arcade battles, I'm completely lost, all this different currency.
But why does my tank feel like it's made out of paper mache, everytime it's normally a 1 shot kill on me. Either I blew up outright, or it knocks out my crew so all I can do is sit there and watch.

Also why is my middle tank gold? I hate that tank! All the armour is red to it!
I can only seem to get crew 3 to research.

n5jxgAM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom