Road Cycling

Soldato
I'm not bothered about the mess, but the cover over the disc is nice and neat/easy. Think it also allows the wheel to rotate? Interested if so!

Certainly easier than my threading of a pair of old jeans/pajamas behind the disc! ;)

Soldato
Soldato
See I'd have to disagree. Why buy Colnago if not going for their classic lugged design à la C50, C59, C60, C64? The Concept just looks like any other wind tunnel sculpted aero frame.

Well I already have a C60, and since getting it I've become a Colnago fanboy. If I was to get another bike I'd like to look at the Areo offerings, so probably a Concept. Failing that an Oltre XR4 :p

Soldato
See I'd have to disagree. Why buy Colnago if not going for their classic lugged design à la C50, C59, C60, C64? The Concept just looks like any other wind tunnel sculpted aero frame.

Same. If I ever buy another road bike, it'll be a C64 (or whatever is current) in a few years time. I badly wanted one this time round but couldn't justify the cost when my entire XR3 Disc bike cost less than the C60 frame. I've got a new job since then though, so who knows what'll happen in the future...

Soldato
Totally agree with this. Although I love my Shimano and discs I think if I had a 'nago it'd be campag & rim brake. On a lugged frame. Gotta keep with tradition! ;)

They're a huge investment, so you have to do it properly. If you don't you get people riding monstrosities like non-celeste framed Bianchi's ;) :D :lol:

Soldato
Believe me that's the least offensive comment I've had! I've encountered full on homophobes that think my bike frame colour determines my sexuality.:rolleyes:

Haha, to be fair it wasn't primarily aimed at you! Was more of a passing tongue in cheek comment to @FishFluff as I know his XR3 Disc only had the one frame colour option, which is Black with Celeste accents. Still bugs me they did that! ;) :D

I actually love your pink weenie! :p

I think it's just the eye catching colour of Celeste, when yours is equally as eye catching. It is not a disservice to Bianchi as it

I quite like the way the XR3 Disc looks and that colour/design-combo from another manufacturuer would be amazing. Imagine a Tarmac Disc in Matt Black and flashed accents like that in gold or maybe even pink :)p). Would look amazing. The matched accented rims just set off even more. But Bianchi is Celeste. As a primary frame colour at the very very least (IMO). :cool:

In totally unrelated news... How on earth did I not spot this earlier in the week: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/02...tailed-analysis-and-what-it-means-to-you.html

Garmin bought Tacx. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I think everyone can agree that Shamrock's pink Bianchi is cool af.

Annoyingly Roady, you can get the XR3 Disc in the same colour options as the non-disc version this year. The main thing is that it's Celeste at the front, so people riding towards me think it's a proper coloured Binachi. Only I know my secret shame.

Associate
You actually lock bikes over there? When I passed through Copenhagen there were bikes just lying everywhere, row upon row of racks too.
I think the bikes outnumber the people, several years ago it was in the news the the average person had 3 bikes. Often they will leave one at a train station for commuting so the main station is usually chaos. The mentality is if you don't want your bike, you don't lock it. These tend to turn into "beer bikes" when someone has a walk home from the bar, they will find an unlocked bike and cycle it near home then dump it on the street for the next person.

Associate
I read through a couple of things on their website/zendesk support yesterday and it seems there is a way the chambers in the lock can get out of line, so with something thin you can realign them for the key to go all the way in. Without them aligned the chamber will only turn 90 degrees before stopping (which is exactly what I'm seeing). I had a go aligning mine yesterday with a cable tie but it was too wide and my eyesight is not good enough to see right into the bottom of the chamber. Am going to have another look today with a thin screwdriver (a thin piece of wire or spoke might also work well) and a light. Fingers crossed! Will report back!

Also submitted a support request with them. Expected 7-10 day wait time on response due to 'heavy volume'. GAH.

EDIT: also, welcome to Pedal Powered! :D

Haha Stockholm was similar when we visited 3 years ago. So. Many. Bikes!
Cheers! I'm not sure if I can be bothered to do that kind of work on the lock if its just going to keep happening but the problem is exactly the same for me. It's infuriating when I need to unlock the bike to cycle my daughter to daycare, especially when its around 0-3c.

Danes love their road bikes, but the prices are especially mad here. Far cheaper to buy stuff off Wiggle and get it shipped. Not hard to meet the £30 free delivery threshold either!

Soldato
Did 50km this morning with a friend who's building his fitness back up. I feel so strong after training indoors all Winter. Did a good 15km flat stretch into a headwind at about 110% FTP and then still felt fresh enough to get a PR on a decently steep 6 minute hill straight after. Lovely day today as well, was wearing shorts in February!!

Soldato
After 30 years of being a MTBer I'm joining the skinny tyre brigade. the commute to work is too long for knobblies and I think I can save 10 mins each way on a road bike. First bike will be a Ribble disc brake number. Very excited to try something new on a bike but I'm also building a new full suspension bike to make sure I don't go full skinny!

Soldato
I’m about to get a new bike, n+1 situation but most likely to move on my previous road bike - Ribble Sportive that served me well for years. I’m getting a Giant Defy and it has bolt thru wheels so I can’t use it on my turbo without an adaptor and that would be on normal tyres not a dedicated one (I have a spare wheel currently)

Is there such a thing as a cheap bolt thru wheel to setup as a turbo wheel?

I’m also going to be new to tubeless tyres on a road bike, do people in here have much experience of them? I’ve put up with Gatorskins for years to commute on as while I dislike the lack of grip and feel I’ve not had a puncture since switching to them so hoping they are comparable in terms of puncture resistance!

Back
Top Bottom