• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Yes i did, i still have both.

The main benefit is the lower power draw

After further investigation, this BIOS version (bundled on Gigabyte Rqadeon VII) does not support UEFI mode, you will need to flash the BIOS update we released.

I enabled pure UEFI mode and received a BIOS warning that it was not supported. Once i flashed the updated BIOS, that error message did not appear.

That's strange as it wont let me upgrade my bios when I try the AMD application to update bios, how did you flash your's Matt?

Soldato
With my core clock at 1950mhz & memory at 1200mhz My realtime core clocks are in the high 1800's & low 1900's giving me an overall score of 13.025 & a graphics score of 14,437. That's with a 2700x at 4.25ghz.

W5LM140h.png.jpg

W5LM140.png

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18352509
Hopefully my replacement will come next week and I will enjoy beating that score with the exact hardware, you know i installed new TIM and some maglev fans and can now OC the 2700x to 4.4ghz !! Never been able to for the year i've had it until now

Associate
With my core clock at 1950mhz & memory at 1200mhz My realtime core clocks are in the high 1800's & low 1900's giving me an overall score of 13.025 & a graphics score of 14,437. That's with a 2700x at 4.25ghz.

W5LM140h.png.jpg

W5LM140.png

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18352509

Been toying with mine for past day and that's about where I've found the sweet spot. I can go above 2000 on core, but temp curve too steep and required mv too high for my taste. Edging out my OC'ed 1080 ti now with a nice margin.

This is a very good card, just takes some tweaking to make it shine.

Permabanned
Hopefully my replacement will come next week and I will enjoy beating that score with the exact hardware, you know i installed new TIM and some maglev fans and can now OC the 2700x to 4.4ghz !! Never been able to for the year i've had it until now

I thought the 2700x was soldered?

Been toying with mine for past day and that's about where I've found the sweet spot. I can go above 2000 on core, but temp curve too steep and required mv too high for my taste. Edging out my OC'ed 1080 ti now with a nice margin.

This is a very good card, just takes some tweaking to make it shine.

I've only gone this high for a blast at Firestrike with a 100% fan speed, I'm not sure how far it can go & I'm not willing to push the voltage up so high for 24/7 use. Once I can replace my 2700x with Ryzen 3 I'm going to make my first water loop build & then I'll see how far I can push it and how high I can go for a 24/7 clock.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the 2700x was soldered?

I've only gone this high for a blast at Firestrike with a 100% fan speed, I'm not sure how far it can go & I'm not willing to push the voltage up so high for 24/7 use. Once I can replace my 2700x with Ryzen 3 I'm going to make my first water loop build & then I'll see how far I can push it and how high I can go for a 24/7 clock.
I meant TIM on the cooler I have

Back
Top Bottom