NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Oh yeah, I actually remember that play as I'd said the defender was actually a little lucky Goff went to his knees as the guy didn't wrap up, make a decent attempt of a tackle or even get that good contact on him. Again though, I think you're not really appreciating how easy it is for you to say he should have just thrown to someone. You can see he's looking downfield, it's a broken play, the LB is initially heading to the flats then breaks off and rushes Goff. He closes really quick and as I say, if you've not found someone to throw to, you don't really want to just throw it somewhere. Yes, he could have thrown it out of bounds, but it's third down, so not great. Maybe you could call it brain freeze that Goff didn't instantly realise the guy had changed direction and was coming for him as you can see the point he realises, it's literally split seconds from the guy hitting him and he instinctively makes the ball safe.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely could have done better there, but of all the bad plays he made, I wouldn't have put that too near the top tbh. The play at 2:10 for example... wow.

Soldato
Anyone got any thoughts on where AB will end up?

I can see it being the Packers which no one seems to be mentioning. They need to win now, AB needs/wants to win now it just makes sense. Links to Raiders seems a dud as it's a rebuild, Niners are a maybe but I don't see them gambling their future when their needs are much more vast than a wide receiver.

What about Rosen? Not sure why I'm thinking this but I could almost see the Pats picking him up with a first rounder (they have something daft like 7 picks in the top 120) and have him sit for a couple of years waiting on Brady. No basis for this just a sneaky little feeling. Can't see another team out there who would go in big on Rosen although my Bungles may be tempted with Dalton coming to an end and them working on the O line but I can't see the Bengals giving up the capital for Rosen.

Dee Ford is the other big talk, maybe a cheeky AB/DF swap otherwise dependent on Ford's priorities (win now or happy to build) could see Niners or Browns burning some cap on him. Raiders are in there but cannot see anyone wanting to go to that shambolic organisation unless they have no other options.

Interesting times!!

Soldato
I'm wondering what the chances are that no-one wants AB with the way he's behaving... A little like the Kaepernic situation, everyone things 'do I really want the baggage/attention/disruption'

Soldato
I'm wondering what the chances are that no-one wants AB with the way he's behaving... A little like the Kaepernic situation, everyone things 'do I really want the baggage/attention/disruption'

Kap was a middle of the pack QB, there was better out there (still should have been taken mind) but AB is elite, he is arguably the best WR or at the least top 5 in game and I can see teams taking the **** for that level of ability.

On another note some safeties are going to be annoyed, it's such a deep FA their values have probably dropped.

Soldato
suprised cards arn't sticking with rosen, has something happened to cause them to want to get rid ?

seen the talk about the pats being interested, as always with them i would guess its down to what sort of money he'd be after.

i would have said the redskins might be in for him but can't remember what sort of offer they had on smith so not sure if they have the cap.

AB will get a team, plenty of teams out there that need a decent wr, wouldn't compare him to Kap, as brown is just being an idiot, Kap's is based on him supposedly disrespecting 'Merica and you can't do that without catching aggro.

Soldato
suprised cards arn't sticking with rosen, has something happened to cause them to want to get rid ?

seen the talk about the pats being interested, as always with them i would guess its down to what sort of money he'd be after.

i would have said the redskins might be in for him but can't remember what sort of offer they had on smith so not sure if they have the cap.

AB will get a team, plenty of teams out there that need a decent wr, wouldn't compare him to Kap, as brown is just being an idiot, Kap's is based on him supposedly disrespecting 'Merica and you can't do that without catching aggro.

Pats are being linked with Rosen!?

I'm ******* psychic :p:D

Associate

Given his latest ESPN interview I'd be surprised if any team traded for him. He's pure locker room cancer. That said if the Steelers aren't able to make a trade and are forced to release him I could see some team picking him up... maybe.

Soldato
Dumb move on Browns part :confused: I know the Steelers haven't won the SB for quite a while but he has downgraded by going to the Raiders. Glad we don't play them in 2019 though :o

Apparently the Steelers get a 3rd and 5th round pick in the 2019 draft. Looks like JuJu is the new AB :)

Back
Top Bottom