*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
I was offered the following on web chat.

Sky Entertainment = £20 (£5 off)
Sky Box sets = £1 (£4 off)
Cinema = £8 (£10 off)
Multiscreen = £12

TOTAL = £41 per month

Im sure people have better deals out there but im pretty happy with this one

Update
Only just noticed they have not added the HD pack grrrrr my fault for not noticing I guess , another web chat here we go

Last edited:
Associate
Ask to speak with accessibility when you call. They’re experienced in dealing with issues like this and will give you your options. They also have a bit more leeway and aren’t as strict about policy at times.

I though't I would give you an update, I spoke to the Accessibility Team at Sky yesterday, after Googling their direct number and I could not be happier with the service. They cancelled the TV package and kept the Phone and Broadband package in place until it's up for renewal in Sept this year.

Thank you for suggesting that I speak to Sky's Accessibility team, I would definitely recommend them to anyone else.

Caporegime
I though't I would give you an update, I spoke to the Accessibility Team at Sky yesterday, after Googling their direct number and I could not be happier with the service. They cancelled the TV package and kept the Phone and Broadband package in place until it's up for renewal in Sept this year.

Thank you for suggesting that I speak to Sky's Accessibility team, I would definitely recommend them to anyone else.
Great to hear!

Man of Honour
I've been paying £50.50 a month for Entertainment for HD, Boxsets, Cinema, Sports and Multiroom, on a Sky Q 1TB box and a small box in the bedroom. Bill was due to go up to £90 something, so went on live chat and I've been offered the same for £58 a month with a £20 admin fee on an 18 month contract.

I know I could probably play the cancellation game and get something better, but I remember last year it being a pain and it took a bit of effort and I can't be bothered with it again. My mrs and I use Sky all the time so I've just signed up to it.

Soldato
Just started the cancellation game again for another year. £36/mo up to £41 if I wanted to renew but it would be cheaper to add the TV extras to VM if it goes above £36 so will see what I get offered once cut off. Only have it for Sky Sports and included movies because it was cheap. Nice to have a second box for extra recording/viewing space, if no deal is offered I'll either add it to VM or get nowTV.

I was offered my TV package, phone line and an impressive unlimited 40mb broadband to replace my 350mb currently in place from VM for the same price I pay them, the agent was not surprised I declined their offer but apparently he still had to.

Associate
sorry, a little OT, but is HD separate to the 'Sky Q Experience'? So if you got the Sky Q experience you could have some things in UHD but not standard HD for many channels?

I guess a little more OT, does the Ultimate Mix Bundle come with HD? Can't stand the thought of watching non HD these days.

Soldato
sorry, a little OT, but is HD separate to the 'Sky Q Experience'? So if you got the Sky Q experience you could have some things in UHD but not standard HD for many channels?

I guess a little more OT, does the Ultimate Mix Bundle come with HD? Can't stand the thought of watching non HD these days.
HD is standard on SkyQ - though some of the more niche channels can still be SD I believe

Associate
HD is standard on SkyQ - though some of the more niche channels can still be SD I believe

If you go to sky and build a package, it is only Sky Q, but HD is an option for £5 a month. If you add the Sky Q Experience it still goes up £12 (so doesn't take off the £5 option for HD). So either Sky is allowing people to double pay for HD or the HD option adds something over Sky Q Experience?

Soldato
If you go to sky and build a package, it is only Sky Q, but HD is an option for £5 a month. If you add the Sky Q Experience it still goes up £12 (so doesn't take off the £5 option for HD). So either Sky is allowing people to double pay for HD or the HD option adds something over Sky Q Experience?
Have just double checked what we have - SiyQ experience is adding UHD for certain content by the looks of it - also looks like you need to add the HD pack for standard entertainment channels in HD - I would call them to clarify, they often have options over the phone that are not offered online (for example our package included the HD bit as standard and we didn't pay any more for it - hance my confusion; apologies!)

Soldato
Prices increases from 1st April , £3.50 per month increase for my current package .
  • Sky Entertainment will increase by £2, from £20 to £22
  • Sky Q Multiscreen is increasing by £1, from £12 to £13
  • Sky Broadband will increase by £1, across all packages
  • Sky Fibre Broadband will increase by £2, across all packages
  • Sky Talk Evening and Weekends will increase by £1, from £4 to £5
  • Sky Talk Anytime will increase by £2, from £8 to £10

My discount drops off in May from £52 > £73.50 Sky Q + 2 mini's everything but sports

Might just dump Sky altogether

Last edited:
Associate
Have just double checked what we have - SiyQ experience is adding UHD for certain content by the looks of it - also looks like you need to add the HD pack for standard entertainment channels in HD - I would call them to clarify, they often have options over the phone that are not offered online (for example our package included the HD bit as standard and we didn't pay any more for it - hance my confusion; apologies!)

Can confirm that Q Multiscreen (or Q Experience as it's now called) offers UHD content, but for HD content you need to have the HD pack.

Soldato
im due an upgrade,

currently got sky+ HD with 3 multi room boxes and paid £54 ish up until a few weeks ago, now im at £65 for the same package

ive enquired about Sky Q and been offered the below due to being with sky for over 8 years (Sky VIP offer?):

I can call back after install and get a Self Install of a mini box for £75 one off fee.

the discounts shown will last until January 2020 (from what the person said on the phone)

is this a good deal?

Caporegime
im due an upgrade,

currently got sky+ HD with 3 multi room boxes and paid £54 ish up until a few weeks ago, now im at £65 for the same package

ive enquired about Sky Q and been offered the below due to being with sky for over 8 years (Sky VIP offer?):

I can call back after install and get a Self Install of a mini box for £75 one off fee.

the discounts shown will last until January 2020 (from what the person said on the phone)

is this a good deal?
Be aware that with Sky Q you’ll only be able to watch in two mini boxes and the main box at any one time. With the number of Multiscreen boxes you have you may not find Sky Q suitable for your needs.

Back
Top Bottom