Asus FX504GM -Throttle

Associate
Quite a noobish question here but recently got this laptop and for the most part it runs fine.

I havent had any of the thermal throttling issue so far which lots of people have reported but I do get power limit throtling when gaming.

Its an i7 8750h with a gtx1060

Would limiting my CPU down to around 3.2ghz and undervolting my gpu cure this power limit throttle?

Does power limit throttle even cause micro stutter in games or am I worring to much?

Mostly everything I have ran seems to be fine up to and including Black Ops 4 only game giving me greif is Resident Evil 2 remake for some parts its above 60 and in others as low as 30 fps with detail at low.

Really dont want to have to return this laptop if I dont have to and be able to fix it.

Associate
People keep reporting power throttling, which you are experiencing. Even if the BIOS is updated, you will just experience thermal throttling instead.

Associate
OP
Have done some undervolting on both CPU and GPU temps are reasonable and no more stutter - limited CPU to 3.5ghz which is more than enough and couldn't be more happy with it now to be honest - Nvidia whisper mode also playing a part in gaming as well.

Oddly enough I haven't had any thermal throttling its always been power limit - at least according to XTU.

Back
Top Bottom