Is red light running getting worse?

Associate
To be fair at quite a lot of 4 way and roundabout lights in Edinburgh, the main road routes get 5-10 seconds, and 3-4 people skip each set of lights. Bad timings definitely play a part in the frustration.

Soldato
Very common around this way, I've even had people overtake or change lanes as I've slowed for an amber light as they blast through on red. The general standard of driving in Glasgow is utterly abysmal.

Soldato
It's daily in Bradford, so much so I think taxis and 80% of people in the city think red means go.

Ive only been driving around 6 months, didn't take me long to get a dashcam incase the idiots get me.

I actually think bradford is on a list for one of worse areas to drive (hell I know it's a **** hole to live in and be glad once I can buy a house and get out)

Caporegime
My Dad rants about this on a regular basis. In Germany in the 90s, lights would either be off or flashing amber on anything but the most busy of junctions. It does seem to make more sense. I have experienced at least one big roundabout near me have lights activated only at the busiest periods, so maybe things are improving.

I hate this about Germany. I'd rather wait the extra seconds.

Soldato
It's daily in Bradford, so much so I think taxis and 80% of people in the city think red means go.

Ive only been driving around 6 months, didn't take me long to get a dashcam incase the idiots get me.

I actually think bradford is on a list for one of worse areas to drive (hell I know it's a **** hole to live in and be glad once I can buy a house and get out)

Bradford is on the list for one of the worst areas for everything :p

Anyway, we only rank closely behind Sweden for the safest roads in Europe. Even safer than Switzerland and they are absolute road safety nazis.

Back
Top Bottom