***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I've got a Chiron in a sealed shipping box. Debating whether to just build the thing or sit on it for years..
It's currently in my unopened collection of wasted money:
Bucket Wheel Excavator, Mack truck, MB Arocs, Porsche, Firehouse, Saturn V and the original Death Star. I'm sure there's something I'm missing as well.

Soldato
The Chiron was a really satisfying build - much better than the Porsche, which I felt got a bit repetitive once you got to putting the bodywork together.

Caporegime
I've got a Chiron in a sealed shipping box. Debating whether to just build the thing or sit on it for years..
It's currently in my unopened collection of wasted money:
Bucket Wheel Excavator, Mack truck, MB Arocs, Porsche, Firehouse, Saturn V and the original Death Star. I'm sure there's something I'm missing as well.

I will get another chiron for that later. The porsche is already getting pricier.
I still want one though! Lego technic is much more interesting than standard lego!

The chiron is my first technic set!

Soldato
Well it finally happened...

Almost 2 years after building it and promising if we couldn't find space to display it I'd dismantle it again I finally got around to breaking the Falcon back down... it didn't take as long as I thought it would but was still a bit of an ordeal - my fingers are so sore; and as a guitarist of almost 20 years that takes some doing! (yes I used the lego tool thing, and it helps a lot but not completely)

On the plus side it means I get the fun of building it again someday (when we hopefully have a lounge with enough space for a coffee table to display it in) but it's going to be the toughest build I've ever done with all the pieces mixed and not in their original numbered bags :p

Associate
Talking of Falcons.. Was out in my garage looking for some old retro computing stuff and found this..

20190124-183016.jpg

Forgot I had it! Niece and nephew got it for my birthday some 6/7 years ago, thought it about time I put it together.

20190124-184205.jpg

Amazing that lot ended up looking like this.. magic of Lego :D

20190124-211950.jpg

Lot easier finding somewhere to display this size that's for sure!

Caporegime
Managed to nab the oranges porsche 911 gt3 second hand.
150 so not bad for current prices

Didn't want to Miss it as prices are. Already going up.
May end Up with chiron on one side of the TV, the porsche on the other!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished off the larger of the Cada tanks which was quite a fun build, it's my lads fav technic model so far but I think that's probably due to the fact that it fires bullets via remote control (5 separate motors in this one).

CaDA_C61001W_01.jpg

CaDA_C61001W_02.jpg

Compared to the earlier smaller tank

CaDA_C61001W_03.jpg

Also tried to tidy up the loft space but realised I need either a larger wall or more shelves. :p

LegoLoft04.jpg

Underboss
Just ordered the Technic 42094 tracked loader excavator for my daughter and I to tackle.

Not done a Lego model is so long, watching my son do some huge Ninjago bits this weekend has awakened my inner AFOL.

Back
Top Bottom