Apex Legends BR

Soldato
Only gun I can reliably kill anyone with is the peacemaker. SMGs and ARs I tend to unload an entire mag into someone and see the dmg counters fly up but they rarely die, then I get dropped seemingly in an instant in return. Need me that shotty in close quarters lol.
Expect it to get nerfed, its the most overpowered gun in the game at the moment.

Man of Honour
My favourite combination of weapons (at least its the combination that I kill the most people with anyway) is the Devotion and the SMG with the high fire rate, R-99 I think it is.

Man of Honour
Yeah I don't really see it as being OP... if you tango with someone at pretty close range and they have any of the shottys they will likely mince you if they can hit their shots... isn't that how it should be?

The problem with the Peacemaker is that it doesn't seem to have much of a damage falloff/spread, so you can deal 100 damage even with a poorly aimed shot at midrange. I'm not saying it's a problem, but I can see why people argue it's OP. The relatively slow fire rate make it a high risk:reward weapon just like the wingman. As long as it stays this way I feel fine about it.

Soldato
The problem with the Peacemaker is that it doesn't seem to have much of a damage falloff/spread, so you can deal 100 damage even with a poorly aimed shot at midrange. I'm not saying it's a problem, but I can see why people argue it's OP. The relatively slow fire rate make it a high risk:reward weapon just like the wingman. As long as it stays this way I feel fine about it.

Ah okay, I hadn't noticed it being effective at longer ranges - in that case they can probably just tweak the falloff or the spread slightly to put it in a better place, but still lethal up close :)

Put it this way, all the pro streamers and players are making noise about it. Its gonna get nerfed.

Maybe Respawn won't make such pathetic knee-jerk-reaction nerfs/buffs to things constantly trying to please everyone like some games do (*cough* Overwatch *cough*)

Associate
Only thing that is really spoiling the game for me is people constantly landing us right on top of a bunch of other squads. Drives me nuts. Idea is to last as long as possible, yet I repeatedly get matches which last about 60 secs because of dropping right on everyone else. I vastly prefer landing away from others and building up and moving in but seems the huge majority plump straight for the busy areas. I like a match to last a little while not go through as many matches as I can in a 5min timeframe. I understand people head to the better item locations but seems to me that playstyle isnt conducive to my playstyle of trying to last as long as possible !

This winds me up too! I need to get on the OCUK discord and group with some like minded individuals.

Soldato
Put it this way, all the pro streamers and players are making noise about it. Its gonna get nerfed.

I personally don't think it's OP at all. It's a high risk high reward weapon with the slowest rate of fire behind the Kraber (ignoring the CS style animation glitch). It's getting a lot of attention because the majority of fights are close quarters, especially towards the end of the game when the circle is tiny.

I hate to sound like someone else from OcUK here here but the vast majority of complaints about weapons being OP etc will come from players who either A. miss shots and die or B. have poor awareness/movement/gamesense and simply make the wrong decisions. No gun can one tap, so you always have a chance to retreat and heal or strafe behind cover. If someone manages to get close enough to hit you for 110 with the Peacekeeper, well, that's a separate conversation entirely :p

Maybe changing it to 9 damage per pellet so it requires 3 perfect body shots or 1 body/1 head could work I guess.

Soldato
I am actually starting to get some kills now. Had a few games yesterday with 3 kills, my best being a early game squad wipe hip firing with a scout to save my 2 downed team mates.

Associate
With regards to the Peacemaker I think they need to add fall off damage and randomize the shot spread a bit.
Wingman could do with either a reduction to the ROF, reduced accuracy while moving or increase the time for first shot accuracy to reset. Only needs one of those nerfs not all.

Soldato
I think they should release a new character every 3 months or so, with new abilities. A bit like Overwatch did.

Hmm... I'm not so bothered about the characters but I do think just like PUBG the one map will start to feel boring after a while, so it would be great if they tried to get another map (or even a couple of maps) into the rotation as soon as possible... If they do this it would also be nice if they implemented some sort of voting system before the match starts to choose the map (perhaps each squad gets one vote or something) to protect against one map being perceived as bad (remember when PUBG first got a 2nd map everyone would just instantly d/c if they ended up on the normal map?)

Soldato
What do you think the life of this will be? I can see me getting bored of this quite quick?

Managed to every so slightly sort my CTD out.

I can't see it lasting like Fortnite unless they regularly update things, add in new weapons and characters as well as a few different maps over the next 6-12 months. Fortnite has building, mats and vehicles together with updated items on a fairly regular basis. That's not to say people won't play this if it doesn't happen, just the numbers will tail off I'd expect.

Part of the reason that Fortnite is so popular is that the skill ceiling is so high, good players can regularly win fights even with odds against them, and massively so at times. It's much harder to do that in this game, even when your aim is good, as it's much harder to play defensively if you need to shield regen. It's this kind of lack of separation between the good and average that can put people off as you're more reliant on your team. Overwatch is struggling for a similar reason.

Associate
Pretty sure they have confirmed new maps coming, as well as new characters and weapons. I think they will update fairly regularly.

It will inevitably drop off at some point, as to sustain the amount of players currently is mad. But i think it will be competing with Fortnite/PUBG and possibly winning for some considerable time.

Back
Top Bottom