Apex Legends BR

Soldato
I can't see it lasting like Fortnite unless they regularly update things, add in new weapons and characters as well as a few different maps over the next 6-12 months. Fortnite has building, mats and vehicles together with updated items on a fairly regular basis. That's not to say people won't play this if it doesn't happen, just the numbers will tail off I'd expect.

Part of the reason that Fortnite is so popular is that the skill ceiling is so high, good players can regularly win fights even with odds against them, and massively so at times. It's much harder to do that in this game, even when your aim is good, as it's much harder to play defensively if you need to shield regen. It's this kind of lack of separation between the good and average that can put people off as you're more reliant on your team. Overwatch is struggling for a similar reason.

Hmm Vehicles I don't think it needs... the map is small enough and the movement abilities and ziplines etc. are sufficient

As for being able to clutch etc. that seems to be there from what I can tell? I jumped on at 06:30 this morning for a quick game before work, my random team-mates and I were looting the kind of aircraft carrier bit at the edge of the map when suddenly shots were being fired down from the clifftop... I happened to be near the base of the cliff whilst my team-mates were further out, so they started returning fire and when the enemy squad eventually jumped down they were right in front of me (and hadn't seen me). Being the noob I am I failed to secure a quick kill when opening fire and the enemy squad span round and almost got me, chasing me into a dead-ended room at the base of the cliff... I threw down my heal drone and managed to recover 1 bar of my shield before they all burst in but somehow with my eva 8 shotty I managed to down 2 of them and by that point my squad-mates had caught up and helped me finish off the third... They were way more kitted than us as well, so either they were truly awful or just got unlucky (and I lucky)

Soldato
Hmm Vehicles I don't think it needs... the map is small enough and the movement abilities and ziplines etc. are sufficient

As for being able to clutch etc. that seems to be there from what I can tell? I jumped on at 06:30 this morning for a quick game before work, my random team-mates and I were looting the kind of aircraft carrier bit at the edge of the map when suddenly shots were being fired down from the clifftop... I happened to be near the base of the cliff whilst my team-mates were further out, so they started returning fire and when the enemy squad eventually jumped down they were right in front of me (and hadn't seen me). Being the noob I am I failed to secure a quick kill when opening fire and the enemy squad span round and almost got me, chasing me into a dead-ended room at the base of the cliff... I threw down my heal drone and managed to recover 1 bar of my shield before they all burst in but somehow with my eva 8 shotty I managed to down 2 of them and by that point my squad-mates had caught up and helped me finish off the third... They were way more kitted than us as well, so either they were truly awful or just got unlucky (and I lucky)

It doesn't need them, but it's that kind of variation that keeps things fresh in Fortnite. As for clutching, it can happen and it can happen often. It's just nothing like in Fortnite where it can be done regularly in virtually every game with good players. The streamers love it so much because they can play poorly and still win out in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 4v1 situations. It's so much harder to do that in this style of fps game unless you really hit your shots. I prefer Apex and think for a free game there's very little wrong. Time will tell on the popularity I guess.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice mate, I had actually dropped that down to 4gb already on my Vega 56 8gb to see if it worked but was still getting crashes.

After lots of reading on the internet I decided to check my windows update, turns out it hasn't been updated (win 7 ) in nearly 6 months, so downloaded tonnes of updates and windows installed etc

Now Apex works perfectly :)

cheers mate

Ok scratch that, game still crashing! lol uninstalled, don't need this aggro in my life at the moment haha. I want to enjoy the game but the constant fear of crashing is ruining it, think I'll return in a few weeks or month see if they've fixed.

Was alsogetting an error where it tells me i need to restart origin and update even though it us updated, so each match I had to put origin in offline, launch then alt tab go online then load game up again... getting tiresome now.

Anyways enjoy guys , lucky gits.

Associate
Ok scratch that, game still crashing! lol uninstalled, don't need this aggro in my life at the moment haha. I want to enjoy the game but the constant fear of crashing is ruining it, think I'll return in a few weeks or month see if they've fixed.

Was alsogetting an error where it tells me i need to restart origin and update even though it us updated, so each match I had to put origin in offline, launch then alt tab go online then load game up again... getting tiresome now.

Anyways enjoy guys , lucky gits.

I am getting similar mate, so its obviously a game issue rather than us! Looking at the EA and Apex forums, lots of people getting CTDs. I also have tried everything, and it seems to have got worse over the last week. I was getting no problems what-so-ever for the first week or so of playing the game.

Soldato
I am getting similar mate, so its obviously a game issue rather than us! Looking at the EA and Apex forums, lots of people getting CTDs. I also have tried everything, and it seems to have got worse over the last week. I was getting no problems what-so-ever for the first week or so of playing the game.

Yeh it really sucks because the game is a lot of fun! Just out of curiosity, are you win 7 or win 10? I was tempted to install win 10 as my buddy on his win 10 machine is having a perfect crash free experience.

Associate
Yeh it really sucks because the game is a lot of fun! Just out of curiosity, are you win 7 or win 10? I was tempted to install win 10 as my buddy on his win 10 machine is having a perfect crash free experience.

Yup I know, its infuriating. I wanted to play all weekend and just gave up as would crash out 1 out of every 2 or 3 games. Just unplayable.

I'm on Windows 10, on a Vega 64. Check my post earlier on in this thread.

Soldato
Yup I know, its infuriating. I wanted to play all weekend and just gave up as would crash out 1 out of every 2 or 3 games. Just unplayable.

I'm on Windows 10, on a Vega 64. Check my post earlier on in this thread.

Ahh ok, yeh I'm win 7 and Vega 56. ... makes you consider buying a console when crap like this happens.

Soldato
Loving the game but crashes are a huge issue. Playing with various 9 people and only 1 doesnt have issues with crashing. I am on win 10 btw. Tried all the supposed fixes online but none of them work.

Whilst I do get crash to desktop without any error at any point in the game, 95% of crashes happen during jump phase and 90% of the time whben I am the jumpmaster, I started relegating jumpmaster to other and it helped.

The issue is with the game 100% and I doubt we can do anything to fix it ourselves.

I am surprised it is taking so long for them to fix what seems to be a major huge issue with the game.

Soldato
Coming from pubg to this the biggest change is realising gaining high ground in buildings is often worthless in Apex. Being the ruthless aggressor is so much more effective. Just need the other 2 in your team to be on the same page. Cannot have some half ass it. Everyone needs to committ. Fun game :)

Soldato
What if their plan all along is to slowly introduce titans back in?

Were bound to see them pop up eventually maybe on a new map with bigger playing field?

Personally looking forward to solo mode, playing with randoms is so ******* infuriating most are absolutely mindless and never want to get into a fire fight.

Associate
Even if you are 'bad' like me, at aggression, you will improve over time playing that way. It is very hard to take down entire squads from distance. Individual players yes, but squads no. Sooner or later they will be in your face so learning how to play that way is key to enjoying and succeeding in the game.

As to crashing, 139 hours in and only crashed 3x .....

Man of Honour
What if their plan all along is to slowly introduce titans back in?

Were bound to see them pop up eventually maybe on a new map with bigger playing field?

Personally looking forward to solo mode, playing with randoms is so ******* infuriating most are absolutely mindless and never want to get into a fire fight.

I'm looking more forward to Duos than solo, Ive really enjoyed the knockdown shield and revive/respawn mechanics (when other people bother of course) and those would be missing from solo

Soldato
Had a bad run last night of poor squad mates.

From splitting off to random areas on the map at drop or just lacking any situational awareness. Oh... Couple of disconnects leaving us a 2 man squad or just solo!

Soldato
Having that same problem again tonight. Doing loads of damage to players but they're just not going down or dying. Just had one instance where we landed right next to another team, so we went to fisticuffs before even trying to loot anything. I got about four or five continuous attacks in and nothing, they punched me once and I was downed.

It's spoiling what is a really good game.

Back
Top Bottom