Logitech MX518 Legendary

Associate
Apparently this isn't going to be available in the UK guys.

I tried to get them to change their minds, and maybe they still will, but for now it is exclusive to some European and Eastern European retailers.

Extremely disappointing. Hopefully you can change their minds, I was going to buy two :(

Soldato
It's available on the Logitech store for £51.99. After a quick look on Google you can buy it from various Chinese marketplaces for around £37 delivered. If you're prepared to wait you can certainly save a few quid.

Man of Honour
oooooooooooooooo...my next mouse when my g502 gives up the ghost.
very happy with my g502 currently, so no urgent need to change...

Associate
Oooh nice, perfect timing I'm in need of updating my g302 as it loses tracking when doing fast flicks and they discontinued the g303.

So it's either this MX518 or the wireless g305. I'll have to see if I can dig out my old MX518 and take the Marie Kondo approach - hold it tight and see if I feel joy. :D

I did used to like it,...I just can't remember exactly how much or why I moved on from it (and I had MX500 before it).

Would have been more interested if they had done something cool with the look of it.. just not a fan of glossy/shiny stuff, looks dated. Though I realise that's the point here :)

Any buyers remorse kicking in from the the chaps who jumped?

Soldato
Input latency for gaming for a start.
It's an old skool classic upgraded with better internals.

The original mx518 was a legendary mouse back in the day as it was reasonably priced, didn't have any silly extra features, performed brilliantly and had brilliant ergonomics. I'm still using one as I can't see the need to change unless it gets broken.

If there was a gaming mouse hall of fame, the 518 would be top of the list. It was cheap and pretty much flawless.

Associate
I loved this mouse so much that I was gutted when it broke. I called logitech and they told me to cut the USB lead and post it to them, and they would send me a new one.

I pulled the thing apart, realised the cable was broken and soldered a new one on...

Good times. I've stuck with them for mice ever since currently with a G502 proteus spectrum (or something)

Associate
Input latency for gaming for a start.
It's an old skool classic upgraded with better internals.

The original mx518 was a legendary mouse back in the day as it was reasonably priced, didn't have any silly extra features, performed brilliantly and had brilliant ergonomics. I'm still using one as I can't see the need to change unless it gets broken.

If there was a gaming mouse hall of fame, the 518 would be top of the list. It was cheap and pretty much flawless.

Input delay is 1ms on logitech wireless mice, its 2019 dont give me that bs.

Soldato
I loved this mouse so much that I was gutted when it broke. I called logitech and they told me to cut the USB lead and post it to them, and they would send me a new one.

I pulled the thing apart, realised the cable was broken and soldered a new one on...

Good times. I've stuck with them for mice ever since currently with a G502 proteus spectrum (or something)

I had a wire break too. I think I was so young at the time that I didn't own a soldering iron and had to twist and tape the wires. It's still working perfectly now :p

Back
Top Bottom