Car vandalism - bonnet dent

Soldato
Hi guys,

I took my girlfriend's Mini to work today and upon arriving home just now, I noticed an adjacent car had some writing in its paintwork (i.e. finger writing in the dirt). Didn't think much of it but I figured I'd check our Mini out just in case, as I know it's a semi popular place and kids and drunks (probably both) do usual hang around there.

Good news? No such finger writing in our Mini. Bad news? Some scrote has decided to take it upon himself to sit/jump on the bonnet. I didn't notice it this morning...

Album here:

https://imgur.com/a/z4LtdOM

04kn7mm.jpg.png

Sorry for poor photos, I was obviously losing the light.

I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't done at work.

Just after a bit of advice really, in terms of cost to fix/replace? Doesn't appear as though any paint is damaged, which is good.

Is it even worth reporting it to the police? I've noticed on our towns Facebook page there's a slew of different car vandalism work taking place, and not just in our neighborhood.

Thanks all.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Guess give a paintless dent removal guy a ring, doubt he can fix it completely but should be able to get it back to some semblance of not jumped on.

Man of Honour
Report it to police, but they won't do anything about it. Which is why this sort of thing is so common now.

On the other hand catch someone in the act and hand out some justice and guess who they will do something about :s

Soldato
Report to the police incase you decide to go through insurance. See what a local PDR says, maybe able to save you buying a new bonnet.

Can't have nice things nowadays, gutted having to have the side of my Cupra resprayed when it got keyed.

Soldato
OP
Report to the police incase you decide to go through insurance. See what a local PDR says, maybe able to save you buying a new bonnet.

Can't have nice things nowadays, gutted having to have the side of my Cupra resprayed when it got keyed.

I remember that mate...

Reported to Police, awaiting a crime number. No CCTV in area at all.

As said above, a dashcam would've been good to have in this scenario.

That is some dent!

Looks much more than simply sat on, perhaps jumped on!

Yeah, I figured as much... just worried about the car going forward, whether or not we trade it in for a cheap runabout until we have a drive/private parking for both our cars. Shame to get rid of it though, first issue we've had in 5 years, but it is a going precedent in the town I live in.

Soldato
I remember that mate...

Reported to Police, awaiting a crime number. No CCTV in area at all.

As said above, a dashcam would've been good to have in this scenario.

Yeah, I figured as much... just worried about the car going forward, whether or not we trade it in for a cheap runabout until we have a drive/private parking for both our cars. Shame to get rid of it though, first issue we've had in 5 years, but it is a going precedent in the town I live in.

Recommend the dash cam route, mine records on movement or a shock on its internal battery. When left longer I run off a battery pack. Also acts as a deterent as people don't know if its recording.

Soldato
OP
Recommend the dash cam route, mine records on movement or a shock on its internal battery. When left longer I run off a battery pack. Also acts as a deterent as people don't know if its recording.

You alright to message me a link to your dashcam when you get a second? Cheers :)

Associate
Disgusting to see how much of this is going around. Utter idiots going completely out of their way to inconvenience a person they've never even met.

Soldato
I'd give it a few taps from the other side, it might pop out! try boiling water first and see if it does anything but if not I'd tap it from the other side.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I took my girlfriend's Mini to work today and upon arriving home just now, I noticed an adjacent car had some writing in its paintwork (i.e. finger writing in the dirt). Didn't think much of it but I figured I'd check our Mini out just in case, as I know it's a semi popular place and kids and drunks (probably both) do usual hang around there.

Good news? No such finger writing in our Mini. Bad news? Some scrote has decided to take it upon himself to sit/jump on the bonnet. I didn't notice it this morning...

Album here:

https://imgur.com/a/z4LtdOM

04kn7mm.jpg.png

Sorry for poor photos, I was obviously losing the light.

I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't done at work.

Just after a bit of advice really, in terms of cost to fix/replace? Doesn't appear as though any paint is damaged, which is good.

Is it even worth reporting it to the police? I've noticed on our towns Facebook page there's a slew of different car vandalism work taking place, and not just in our neighborhood.

Thanks all.

Anybody remember this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ctured-dancing-ambulance-car-England-win.html

Jump on a Government car and the full might of the state will be deployed to hunt you down like a Dog.

Jump on a private citizens car and it is more a case of "OK here's your crime number, just **** off and claim on your insurance and stop wasting our time. Our officers are all busy doing far more important work collecting taxes ensuring the safety of the general public by catching reckless drivers doing 52MPH on the Farnham Bypass (Or wherever)"

:/

Back
Top Bottom