LG 55 oled 55b8slc Sub £1000

Soldato
OP
For those that have a 55 inch what's the distance between the bottom vesa mount and the bottom of the tv. Can't seem to find this info anywhere

Soldato
OP
Genuinely considering the 850 Toshiba but I've only got 7.5inch gap above my centre speaker or I'll have to move the wall mount

Soldato
Ordered one of these and it turned up yesterday. Opened the box to find a large scratch down the screen! :(. Rang their customer services and now I've got to wait up to 5 days for someone from the returns department to contact me.... :mad:

Soldato
Ordered one of these and it turned up yesterday. Opened the box to find a large scratch down the screen! :(. Rang their customer services and now I've got to wait up to 5 days for someone from the returns department to contact me.... :mad:

Make sure it's not the protective plastic covering the screen, for a moment I thought the same when my B7 arrived.

Soldato
Ok, I best double check that then cos it doesn't look like there is any protective coating in the screen. Normally you can tell cos there might be an air double or some kind of distortion due to the coating.

Was the coating on your TV very hard to notice?

Soldato
Ok, I best double check that then cos it doesn't look like there is any protective coating in the screen. Normally you can tell cos there might be an air double or some kind of distortion due to the coating.

Was the coating on your TV very hard to notice?

If you haven't peeled it off then it's still on there or there wasn't any initially which could explain the scratch. Hopefully, it's still on as I've heard of people noticing it after a few days of poor image quality.

Soldato
I'm hoping it is still on and applied exceptionally well!

When the TV arrived I pulled it out of the box partially and saw the scratch. Checked the corners for any type of protective film but couldn't see any so put it back in box.

Will double check for film tonight if your saying there is meant to be some.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was definitely a protective cover on my 55B8 - it’s got great big stickers about the energy rating in the bottom left and other tv stats bottom right of the protective film ... mine was applied perfectly so I’d double check it!

Soldato
OK....so never have I been so happy to look like a complete idiot :D

I my defence though it is applied extremely well and there isn't any stickers on it. I guess I best ring Costco in the morning and cancel my return... :p

Soldato
OK....so never have I been so happy to look like a complete idiot :D

I my defence though it is applied extremely well and there isn't any stickers on it. I guess I best ring Costco in the morning and cancel my return... :p

You're not alone, I remember a similar thread on here recently with more or less the same problem.:D

Back
Top Bottom