**New Razer Nari Range - Wireless Headset with Haptic Feedback! **

This weekend I had the chance to check out, or more accurately, the excuse to game excessively on the new Razer Nari Ultimate headset. It features Razer's new 'Haptic Feedback' technology, which is about as close as you can get to experiencing the rumble of ordinance or the kickback of emptying a clip at full-auto, it's a total game changer for next level immersion.

razer-nari-ultimate-gallery-05.jpg

But before that let's kick back a notch - as there are three editions of the Nari. As with most Razer products you've got the the Nari Ultimate, the Nari and the Nari essential. Quire fire of the differences are:

Nari Ultimate - Haptic Feedback, Wireless, Chroma, Auto-adjust ergonomics, THX Spatial Audio
Nari Standard - Wireless, Chroma, Auto-adjust ergonomics, THX Spatial Audio
Nari Essential - Wireless, THX Spatial Audio, Auto-adjust ergonomics

SP04SRA_193251_750x750.jpg

Set-up and Functionality

So the headset is really well thought out, so much so that I regretted smugly disregarding the instructions like the everyday gamer, quickly falling into a panic that they hadn't included the USB adapter which was in fact, neatly tucked into the left speaker. It's a push to release and is really handy for laptop users.

There's two scroll wheels, one which allows quick adjustments to volume and the second allows you to adjust the balance between game volume and chat. Again a super handy little feature. There's a mute button for the microphone, a button wireless connectivity (it's not bluetooth, so it's 3.5mm for your phone), micro-usb charge point (recommended 4 hours for a full charge if you're wondering) and a 3.5mm jack for your cheeky Nintendo Switch session. Both the charge cable and 3.5mm jack are braided which is a nice touch and are around 1.5m long.

razerhapticsadjustment.png

Customisation

Here you've got full control for audio, EQ and chroma RGB controller on the Nari/Nari Ultimate if you're syncing your set-up. There's also options for controlling Haptic Intensity for the Nari Ultimate too, I'd say 50 is good for gaming, but for casual music use I'd hit it down to 40-20 range, especially if you're into something with a lot of bass.

SP04RRA_193236_750x750.jpg

Razer Nari Essential

So what I like about the range most is that the wireless feature is available even on the Nari essential, which for sub £100, makes it a pretty easy sell for someone looking for a stylish wireless headset. It offers good sound quality, the padding is incredibly thick so super comfortable and it's got a 3.5mm jack so it's cross-compatible with your trusty Nintendo Switch. Oh and the microphone is really crisp, with a flip feature to move it out of the way.

All the range comes with THX Spatial Audio which simulates sound in a 360° sphere around you, always handy for first person shooters when you're listening in for footsteps.

SP04SRA_193244_750x750.jpg

Razer Nari

Add another £50 to get the Standard Nari and you get an upgrade from 40mm to 50mm drivers, a slightly larger battery capacity from 16hrs to 24hrs, Razer Chroma lighting. If you've got the budget, it definitely adds the value. Oh, the mic is now retractable too and comes with a red LED to designate when it's live/muted. Life is about the little things.

razer-nari-ultimate-gallery-08.jpg

Razer Nari Ultimate

Lastly you've got the Ultimate, at £200 it's what you'd expect to pay for a premium wireless headset, except this is one you're gonna wanna pass around the group for everyone to try. The Nari Ultimate comes with haptic feedback which is essentially a sub built directly into the headset, it adds a level of depth which will give you a sensory overload for the first game, it's an incredible piece of kit. I jumped on a few games of Battlefield V and it's the experience you wanted RTX to be, it's like playing a whole new game. The explosions - feel - like explosions, it's like adding the rumble of war you get from your first experience of Avengers in a 5.1 home cinema set-up. It's definitely fun.

I gave the Haptic Feedback a couple of hours on Spotify too, I'd put them under the same category as Sonos. I love my Sonos, the functionality is great, wireless range is impressive and for a casual user like me the quality is perfect. I want wireless headphones with a good bass to use around the house, that's what Razer offers.

If you're an audiophile, this probably isn't the headset for you, but if you fall under Razer's catch line of "For Gamers. By Gamers." This is definitely the headset for you. It's fun, it's good quality and most importantly it's really comfortable.

Anyway - that's my thoughts on the new Nari Headset, if you wanna try one for yourself, they're all in stock at the links below! (Oh - and there's free shipping on the Standard/Ultimate Nari courtesy of Nik).

Razer Nari Ultimate THX Wireless Chroma Gaming Headset with Haptic Feedback (RZ04-02670100-R3M1) @ £199.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Raze...ic-Feedback-RZ04-02670100-R3M1-SP-04T-RA.html

Razer HyperSense, THX Spatial Audio, Cooling Gel-Infused Cushions, Lag-Free Wireless Performance, Game/Chat Balance

Only £199.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Razer Nari Wireless THX Chroma Gaming Headset @ £149.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Razer-Nari-Wireless-THX-Chroma-Gaming-Headset-SP-04S-RA.html

THX Spatial Audio, Cooling Gel-Infused Cushions, Game/Chat Balance, Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Audio Performance, Powered by Razer Chroma™ RGB

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Razer Nari Essential THX Wireless Gaming Headset @ £99.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Razer-Nari-Essential-THX-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-SP-04R-RA.html

THX Spatial Audio, Enhanced Comfort, Lag-Free Wireless Performance, 16-Hour Battery Life, Flip Mic with Quick Mute Function

Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
OP
Not giving any of these away for reviews then? ;)

I must admit, quite skeptical, but at the same time, does sound quite cool

Yeah I was pretty skeptical too, thought I'd crack one open and see what the fuss was about, quality piece of kit although I can totally understand it being a love it or hate it kind of feature. ;)

Hahaha, Razer did supply a load of prizes for our Christmas community give-aways, I'm working on something similar for Easter! All the freebies. ;)

Soldato
Yeah I was pretty skeptical too, thought I'd crack one open and see what the fuss was about, quality piece of kit although I can totally understand it being a love it or hate it kind of feature. ;)

Hahaha, Razer did supply a load of prizes for our Christmas community give-aways, I'm working on something similar for Easter! All the freebies. ;)

Did you try it with various types of sound sources (music, games, films)? If so, which one did you have it impacted the most?

Associate
OP
Did you try it with various types of sound sources (music, games, films)? If so, which one did you have it impacted the most?

I only really had a chance to game on them, l'll put on Guardians of the Galaxy at lunch and I'll let you know, Awesome Mix Vol. 1 here I come. ;)

If you're after something specific to the audio, the sound guys is one of the first reviews I read before trying them out, they seemed to cover it pretty in depth plus they've got user rating too:

https://www.soundguys.com/razer-nari-ultimate-review-19718/

Soldato
I only really had a chance to game on them, l'll put on Guardians of the Galaxy at lunch and I'll let you know, Awesome Mix Vol. 1 here I come. ;)

If you're after something specific to the audio, the sound guys is one of the first reviews I read before trying them out, they seemed to cover it pretty in depth plus they've got user rating too:

https://www.soundguys.com/razer-nari-ultimate-review-19718/

Nice one - cheers :) As expected, doesn't seem that suited to music, as it's software reacting to audio rather than pre programmed

Associate
Definitley in the market for a wireless headset.
How do these compare with the Hyper x Cloud Flight and Steelseries arctis 7?
Also after a quick google on the Nari it seems there is problems with the mic not working? is this still a issue?

Back
Top Bottom