Metro: Exodus (2018)

Associate
They’re not too bad. A bit sluggish but feels like the other’s in the series tbf. It’s slow progress on Hardcore but then again it feels much more realistic that way.
I only ever played the previous games on pc, so a little unsure how they would be on the X. Either way I think it is something I will get used to once I make the purchase.
Hardcore! jeeze man. I agree though would certainly feel like a realistic approach to the game.

Soldato
I only ever played the previous games on pc, so a little unsure how they would be on the X. Either way I think it is something I will get used to once I make the purchase.
Hardcore! jeeze man. I agree though would certainly feel like a realistic approach to the game.

I think the ammo / supply scarcity etc are a big part of the game and that's not really an issue on normal settings so I feel like playing on a harder setting maybe what was intended by the devs to get the "true" experiance!

Associate
I think the ammo / supply scarcity etc are a big part of the game and that's not really an issue on normal settings so I feel like playing on a harder setting maybe what was intended by the devs to get the "true" experiance!

Yeah from experience it’s essential to keep gas mask filter time topped up. The problem I can foresee is a situation where you have no ammo or filters as you can’t do more than 1 quick save so could potentially get a stage where you couldn’t get past it. I guess it keeps the tension high though . Sure I’ll be ok though, just going slowly and trying to conserve ammo and filters. Love the world and atmosphere. It’s pretty much one shot dead which is tough but adds to the reward when you get past a section that you’ve tried 20 times haha.

Soldato
Well still not patched on the X which is pretty pathetic as MS showcased this game you'd think it would at least work on their console. I gave it another go last last night just in case, 1st go tried to open a door it didn't open as it should and the then couldn't turn left or right so had to reset.. 2nd go lockup up :(

Soldato
Feels more like Farcry atm. Loving it so far; Lighting is stunning at times.

That's almost a bit of a turn off for me, hope I can look past far cry similarities, it was a concern I had when it was announced but wanted to give it a chance on it's other merits like atmosphere and setting etc. Can't stand the far cry formula!

Soldato
Never played a Metro game but been looking at this as it looks gorgeous, seems that is about as far as it goes, lots of crashing and losing game saves being reported

Get metro redux (remake of the first two games) they are brilliant and wait for exodus to be patched.

Soldato
Are these issues mostly limited to XB1?

either way it needs sorting, the original 2 games weren't that well optimised at first release (redux excluded)

My PS4 copy has arrived so hopefully I can have a good go this evening.

Soldato

either way it needs sorting, the original 2 games weren't that well optimised at first release (redux excluded)

They are on PS4/XB1/PC its on sale at the moment on PSN store for £6.49! (sale ends tomorrow)

Associate

No major issues on PS4 thus far. The odd graphical glitch and had to reload checkpoint a couple of times when it froze but that’s all in many hours of play.

Soldato
First impressions are a little mixed but getting better. The game takes away control from the player way too frequently in the intro section but I hope that drops off as it opens up a bit. Something feels a little bit clumsy about the controls and movement in places but can't quite think of the cause, hopefully will get used to it.

Graphics are lovely and the setting is top notch so far, not had any bugs personally on PS4. Load time are a little on the long side at times

Back
Top Bottom