New Suit (Wedding Guest)

Associate
I have a wedding this coming May and have not had to purchase a suit in a long time. My last one was from Austin Reed and it served me well and it was a limited range and it happened to fit well off the shelf.

Any suggestions on where to get one from the High Street so can see them in person?

My last suit was a plain Navy one so looking at a check or more textured one this time so it looks different.

I tried some T.M.LEWIN ones earlier and they seemed to fit well but would want to get it adjusted slightly so hugs better at the edges.

I walked into Slaters but was not overly impressed with what they had it was size dependent and nothing was like what I had seen on their website.

M&S had totally nothing and walked straight out but online they have a few exclusive ones that can't be found in store.

Moss Bros wasn't that great either and Debenhams had a few but nothing overly exciting.

Anyone got a suit from T.M.LEWIN recently and been happy with it?

Not sure where else to check unless I start hitting online stores and getting them sent and try at home.

Ted Baker is overly expensive it seems but the designs are better than the High Street and Reiss do a few but would have to order them.

Any tips to help find me a suit.

Thanks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Moss Bros sell off the shelf and will measure you up for tailor made suits. They sell various brands too to cover all budgets.

That's probably your most accessible high street option.

Caporegime
I've had a TM Lewin one before, was perfectly fine. Had a few M&S ones too - they've generally been very good value for what you get and have been previously well regarded re: off the rack suits (IIRC there was a blog by a well known tailor mentioning M&S suits coming off the same production line as some designer brand costing four times the price), not sure what the current range is like mind.

Caporegime
I Anyone got a suit from T.M.LEWIN recently and been happy with it?

Just got this suit from TM Lewin and very happy with it, but I've luckily got off the peg proportions.

UtTmzaA.png

Not necessarily recommending this particular suit for a wedding obviously as I got it for the office and it's not very interesting, but the point is the service was good, the trousered were tailored correctly, and it all seems like good quality.

Soldato
Depends on your build. If you’re a normal size then you can pick and choose. It hugely depends on your budget.

I’d head to a proper department store and have a look around. House of Fraser I found had a good selection of slightly nicer than the high street suits without breaking the bank.

My favourite suit is an El Ganso one. You definitely have to have a European arse to get into those... I have their largest trousers!

Man of Honour
I have had suits from TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt. I found the CT suits to be better than TML. Definitely budget to have any suit adjusted to fit properly.

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will give them all another look this time going to Westfield as they seem to have all the ones mentioned under one roof.

A couple at T.M.LEWIN stood out so will try them on again with a shirt and shoes to get a better idea but also check any of the other stores mentioned again to see what can fit and looks decent.

I have budgeted to have any suit adjusted to fit properly as don't want it looking like I just borrowed it!

Soldato
The outlet places - Bicester, Clarks Village etc - can be worth it if you have one near you or you happen to pass one. Obviously it's hit and miss though.

I picked up a lovely Ted Baker number for when I was an usher, think it was £250ish for a 3-piece, should have been about £1000 full price. Had both the trousers and jacket sleeves adjusted locally for £50.

Associate
OP
The outlet places - Bicester, Clarks Village etc - can be worth it if you have one near you or you happen to pass one. Obviously it's hit and miss though.

I picked up a lovely Ted Baker number for when I was an usher, think it was £250ish for a 3-piece, should have been about £1000 full price. Had both the trousers and jacket sleeves adjusted locally for £50.

I have been to Bicester before for Ted Baker stuff and found I could never get my size in anything (2/3) but might be driving past it in a few weeks so could stop over to see if it has anything. Thanks for the heads up.

Tea Drinker
Don
M&S have Alfred Brown suits, the only way to tell is to go to a large store and look at the tags. A very good suit maker.

Like you said getting one size too large and getting it tailored is a must.

Associate
House of Fraser do some really nice suits, a lot of which are reduced <£200. Had a wedding to go to in the summer and I ended up paying more for the tailoring than the suit itself.

Back
Top Bottom