New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
Cheers mate

how far away from spawn should I go to start a build?

With the land claim plugin we have, and that the server is pretty much a coop server I would suggest not too far lol! I'm about 1 km East of spawn and there's a few others around there.

There are some community builds that are accessed via the nether, that network is around Y120 ish? Make a nether portal anywhere within 1k of spawn and you should connect to an existing portal, I hope!!

Soldato
With the land claim plugin we have, and that the server is pretty much a coop server I would suggest not too far lol! I'm about 1 km East of spawn and there's a few others around there.

There are some community builds that are accessed via the nether, that network is around Y120 ish? Make a nether portal anywhere within 1k of spawn and you should connect to an existing portal, I hope!!
Nice mate. Hope to start contributing soon. Just didnt want to step on someones toes!

I have set up camp on a small island marked on the map:

Got a small cabin and a wheat farm and the beginning of a mine.

I havnt understood how the land claiming works so I havnt actually claimed any land.

I did see a floating nether portal above the sea on my way.

Soldato
Hey,

Is this welcoming to n00bs :)

Myself and my 6 year old are just starting out in MineCraft so looking for a server to make our home.

Does it work fine with licensed win 10 version? Bought two copies cheap from the key sites to get myself and mini me started :)
Is chat friendly lol, dont want the 6 yr old picking up bad language just yet.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Hey,

Is this welcoming to n00bs :)

Myself and my 6 year old are just starting out in MineCraft so looking for a server to make our home.

Does it work fine with licensed win 10 version? Bought two copies cheap from the key sites to get myself and mini me started :)
Is chat friendly lol, dont want the 6 yr old picking up bad language just yet.

Cheers

They're using the Java version not the W10 version so it won't work for you.

Yeah, as loftie states, we're using Java :'(

But to add, yes we are a family friendly server (I'm fairly certain that most swear words are auto censored by the Grief Prevention plugin, not that anyone swears) and although PVP is on it's very much a PVE server, with some community builds that are for anyone to use.

Soldato
OP
Just gave the Java version a go and i'm getting HORRIBLE lag/performance/FPS on my 1070, unplayable even!

Java MC relies more on single threaded CPU performance from what I understand, and there are also issues with giving Java too much memory. My AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.611Hz, 8 Gb ram and a 4Gb RX480 give me 60fps in the big WitherFarm we are currently building. For most normal gameplay, it's fine. My pc is quite old as you can see! You might want to try some other settings maybe?

So - a thing happened. I've not been able to play much the last couple weeks, but some personal issues have been resolved and I've got a few hours in tonight! First off I marked out the wither farm slabbing area, and then I slabbed some of it! Big thanks to @hegemon - you've done a fantastic job on starting/blocking out/building the actual farm, including removing a whole crap load of lava down to the Nether bedrock - nice one!! Sorry I've not been about too much the last couple weeks.

So, about 9,500 slabs put down so far. I've done the fiddly bit, the main bit left is the actual Fortress itself. That should be a lot easier. There's about one chest of stone left at the workshop, I'll cook up a load more soon and dump it there.

A few screenies - the first one shows why I thought this place was a good bet - not a mental amount of slabbing because of the surrounding lava (still enough though!!). Feel free to jump in if you want - have fun! Ham

Framed out:

lwv2K0h.png

One or two blocks placed!!!

YhcGmMV.png

All the fiddly bits done - woot!

SEEIja6.png

Sylvet @hegemon has been busy!!!

Zv5DmPV.png

Soldato
OP
Sheesh - well I underestimated that! Not sure why I thought the diamond pattern of slabbing would work. Anyways, the surrounding area is now done. The farm itself is finished. I've just got to slab the whole fortress and maybe sort out the access. The perimeter is spherical to cover all the spawning areas. Total slabs laid down so far is 25,000!!!!!! Sounds a lot, but it's only 12,500, or 196 stacks (3.5 dub chests). I have run out of smooth stone, so any donations gratefully received. I am going to a little strip mining for a while, but I need to build my stock of smooth stone back up.

The actual farm build went ok. It was fiddly as I was going off a world download. No tutorial for this bad boy! The top spawning/sweeping section I did yesterday and I did the lower sweeper and loot collection stuff today.

Feel free to join in (and gimme smooth stone lol) Catch you ig - Ham

The new and improved slabbed area lol

MCfAk3i.png

Check those stats!

WLy6f0k.png

A fine view!!

JQU8UV1.png

Soldato
OP
The wither farm is done! TY for the stone donation :) There's a few cosmetic things to change, but the actual farm is up and running. The rates are pretty, er, good? I managed to install a few hoppers incorrectly and reduced to my game to 1 fps as the drops weren't being shifted fast enough!!

I do want to improve the access, and I also want to improve the Nether Network to make it clearer where stuff is. Maybe a central hub located at spawn with signposts etc? @Thejudochop your place is nearest spawn, so it would be roughly around your nether portal - ight with you?

Not sure which is faster for xp, the new wither farm or the gold farm. Gold farm is passive though. There's a pic below showing the drops from just 5 minutes. To get the best you'll want a LootIII and Sweeping Edge III sword with mending. I'll prolly leave one in the killing area. To get to the farm, take the rail 1km south. Get out and then folllow the purpur half slabs. The entire area is slabbed, so there's no nasties. You will need to activate the farm - I'll be sure to sign it all.

AN IMPORTANT WORD - TURN OFF THE FARM WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!!!! Letting the chunks unload with the farm running could result in a failure. If this happens, I will not be happy! Be sure to turn off when you're done. As ever, feel free to use, but only take what you kill/loot yourself. The lower chests can be replaced with shulker boxes if you want to take stuff in bulk, but be sure to replace the chests when you're done.

I've moved the wither killing area to the end - the place near my nether worked fine, but it was tearing up the carpet that I need for the gold farm to work, so that area is no longer there. It won't take too much longer for you to head to the end instead. Just place the soul sand on the obsidian blocks, add the heads and the wither will get trapped, allowing you to kill it at your leisure.

I think this is the first time I've had a stack of nether stars whilst playing vanilla! GG!

I'm going to be spending a little while exploring - I'd like to find a Mesa biome and a mushroom Island biome, let me know if you've found these already. Feel free to join in, comment and have fun. Laters - Ham

That is some serious loot - that's just 5 mins of use!!!

zGHe9vn.png

The placement of the sand and skulls - add the third skull, and BOOM!

64fJ0ET.png

As you see - trapped and helpless lol

x7v0Z87.png

64 Nether Stars? Are you jelly bro?

3583Pf8.png

Soldato
OP
YW for the stone. I need to see these farms. I thought the ender farm was fast :D

Well tyvm :)

Ender Ender is ok, GoldFarm is faster - this *may* be quicker? idk, close call!

Tackling a Sea Temple next - I've found one quite close at +1021 +2835 getting some mats together to conquer it! Got a few other players ready to help out with the raid!

NetherNetwork travel - what are our thoughts? Using rails/minecarts is easy enough, but a little slow. Ice roads/boats are super fast. I'd appreciate comments! FWIW I'd personally build the whole damn thing on top of the Nether, but breaking bedrock needs a little more dedication https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSN1r8-vMN0

I've also found a Mesa - -3511 -3093 or Nether Coords -308 -355 Head to Sylvet's place and follow the path off to the left.

See - gotta build up a better way to travel lol!

Catch you ig - laters. Haam

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just a quick update to inform y'all that the chunk duplication glitch has been removed from TheMustardSeed.

The glitch relied on written books, 50 pages long, filled with random ASCII characters placed in chests in a specific way. The idea is to take a chunk over a specific file size so that it cannot be saved and reverts back to an earlier state. This means you can take out shulker boxes filled with loot, setup the books, unload the chunks, reload the chunks and the chunk would revert back to before you took the shulkers out, meaning the shulkers you took out would be reverted back - doubling your loot.

This glitch does work - I have tried it and asked another player to try - results were the same. This is quite a serious issue, and I would ask that you inform the staff on any other servers you play on about it. Spigot has not been fixed - Paper has, as far as I can see.

Spigot servers can be fixed with this plugin: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/dupe-fixes-illegal-stack-remover.44411/update?update=252989

I have just downloaded and tested it and it has removed both sets of "hack books" and has stopped new ones being written.

Anyhoo - I've taken the Sea Temple - anyone got any ideas about what farm we should build?

Castch y'all ig - laters. Ham :)

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the late reply, no complaints from me :)

No probs - ty for the reply! It's not really affected your portal as it ended up.

I've put a nether portal at world spawn which is 223 -209 which is at 28 -26 in the nether at Y110 - this is the level that most of the paths are built on. There's a tunnel heading South towards the main West-East rail line that connects my base to Sylvet's. This main line/tunnel runs along the Z30 axis from X126 to -280, where it then heads North to Sylvet's place, and a Mesa biome a couple 100 blocks further North than that. Most places path off from that main line. Where the spawn portal tunnel connects to the main line, I've added signs showing what is in which direction. Feel free to add your bases onto it if you want. All of the farms are now signposted and the signs at the Spawn portal also include coords.

I'll make a ladder down to the Nether floor later on today so peeps can access the lower sections of the Nether.

FYI farms that are done and ready to go are Gold Farm, Wither Skelly/Blaze/Pigmen Farm and Generic Overworld Mob Farm. There is a witch farm that I think is to be made public @hegemon ?, but it needs finishing off (an AFK spot to be added afaik and the area is currently claimed, but public access can be done for chests only if needed) and there's the See Temple that has been cleared of Elder Guardians and is ready to be made into a Guardian Farm. Any ideas gratefully received.

I do have a load of Villagers setup for trading if anyone wants enchanted books. I use farmers to trade for Emeralds, so Potatoes, Carrots, Plumpkins and Melons. I also have a load of unwanted/un-needed villagers if anyone wants any to set up your own breeder. Catch me ig, on here or on Discord!

I do have an Iron farm, but was thinking about making another, public one in spawn chunks so it runs 24/7. I'll give that some thought.

Have fun - Ham

Associate
@haaammit I found a Mushroom biome at 13388, 4844.

As for a design for the sea temple, i'm not sure what the best design is now.
It was about 3 years ago when i built mine, so there's probably much better designs now.
Saw one on youtube that uses soul sand to push the mobs to the surface then water streams to carry them to a drop.

Soldato
OP
@haaammit I found a Mushroom biome at 13388, 4844.

As for a design for the sea temple, i'm not sure what the best design is now.
It was about 3 years ago when i built mine, so there's probably much better designs now.
Saw one on youtube that uses soul sand to push the mobs to the surface then water streams to carry them to a drop.

Ah nice one. Is there a nether portal there? Looking to get some mooshrooms home, so will bust through the ceiling for easier transport!

Back
Top Bottom