Civilization VI

Man of Honour
Anyone suffering from constant crashing? Only just bought the game and it's driving me mad.

Game files verified several times
Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
Windows defender disabled
Newest amd drivers

Not sure what else to try now.

Wish I could suggest something but havent crashed once yet.

Soldato
Anyone suffering from constant crashing? Only just bought the game and it's driving me mad.

Game files verified several times
Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
Windows defender disabled
Newest amd drivers

Not sure what else to try now.

I bought the game a few days ago, it was crashing every 20 mins or so. I changed it to dx12 in the launcher, since then, no crashes for me.

Kinda weird as for most people it's the other way round I think, but whatever, I'm just glad it's working now.

Associate
I bought the game a few days ago, it was crashing every 20 mins or so. I changed it to dx12 in the launcher, since then, no crashes for me.

Kinda weird as for most people it's the other way round I think, but whatever, I'm just glad it's working now.

Mines set at dx12 may try dx11 and see ifthat changes anything.

It's annoying as hell, what I've managed to play so far has been great, just wish it was as stable as 5 was

Permabanned
Lol, I didn't finish my first game as I wound up quitting for this very reason.

Multiple AIs spamming me once or twice nearly EVERY turn with similar retarded offers quicky became downright annoying as ****!

Caporegime
My first game of the new expansionhe I've upgraded to a 2080rtx too which has maxed everything to ultra and sexy and finally im happy with my pc again.

In not overawed with the weather or stuff it seems inevitable that global warnings going to go to lvl 7 or 8.

Loads of new stuff to do so in glad to return to the game, which finally feels better than civ 5, for many more hours.

Soldato
OP
Really enjoying the new expansion with the new features. Still trying the new leaders out and have only completed two games so far, one as Kupe which didn't go great as it took me ages to get a decent first city (bad idea probably using a fractal map) and didn't want to keep restarting. Second game was with Eleanor (on France) who I didn't think was going to be that good but she seems insane on a culture game. Going to have another game with her :)

Soldato
Anyone noticed how messed up trading is? I was selling 1 coal at 200gold each to the AI over and over, ended up with 12k in a Diety game is was losing.

I still lost, pollution sunk coastal tiles 2 turns before computers finished researching, absolutely destroyed me as the Maori. It was only like 1800AD, something tells me the AI on 6+ will literally spam pollution if Maori are in the game, I've never had sea levels that high that early before.

Man of Honour
I'm still making my way through our 2nd multiplayer game at the moment. (38 Civs, giant map, immortal AI, marathon. 9 human players, rest are AI).

My little Phoenician empire is coming along nicely and has a dozen city states on my side :)

Soldato
OP
Apparently there's a bug that causes districts that get pillaged to not get their bonuses back once they are repaired. Might want to consider disabling natural disasters for now, as they will cause pillage affects on districts. Hopefully they'll patch it soon, or at least a mod comes out to fix the issue.

Man of Honour
Apparently there's a bug that causes districts that get pillaged to not get their bonuses back once they are repaired. Might want to consider disabling natural disasters for now, as they will cause pillage affects on districts. Hopefully they'll patch it soon, or at least a mod comes out to fix the issue.

Must be an intermittent bug, I've played through 2 1,500 turn multiplayer games and not had that happen yet

Soldato
Must be an intermittent bug, I've played through 2 1,500 turn multiplayer games and not had that happen yet

I have played 4 games through to completion now and although I have not seen this, though I honestly have not looked out for it. Reading other bug reports it seems this is quite a common occurrence. Not going to let it change how I play though as I hope this will be fixed quite soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played through a few times and haven't seen that yet.

Won my first diplomatic victory as Canada last week, reminded me of the UN victory in the earlier ones except now it's just make friends with all city states and vote for your self to win. Not my favourite way to win but still worth a go. Canada make help make the map more useable when you start near tundra which was really useful

Back
Top Bottom