Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Well the rainforest caught reselling returns as new?

Dont know.

Basically my ps4 pro controller was registering upward movement simply by resting my thumb on the analogue stick so I sent the controller to sony.

They told me the controller is 2 years old, I told them it came with my ps4 pro I got from amazon late 2018, they said it may have been in stock in warehouse for 2 years? I said unlikely given it was the rdr2 ps4 pro and the game was only released last year, so the question of how there is a 2 year old controller, I said isnt my problem I just want it fixed or replaced. The argument is because they want to send me a refurb.

However they have backed down when I pointed out I could just send back the entire console for a refund instead and get a new replacement that way as is within my uk consumer sales rights.

Associate
Traded this; will play it if it ever gets a proper hdr patch. Just couldn’t get fully into it knowing that it may one day look loads better.

Associate
Traded this; will play it if it ever gets a proper hdr patch. Just couldn’t get fully into it knowing that it may one day look loads better.

It doesn't look bad at all on high end TV's. But on low end models that aren't capable of the brightness needed for HDR it looks terrible.

Associate
It doesn't look bad at all on high end TV's. But on low end models that aren't capable of the brightness needed for HDR it looks terrible.

HDR just doesn’t work period as it’s fake. Doesn’t have the dynamic range. It looks ok until it gets dark then it’s just washed out.

Associate
Played Red Dead 2 recently while house sitting for the partners dad on his PS4 and it was pretty good, but would love to see it released on PC just like GTA 5 just for the story and not the multiplayer.

Soldato
Sold my xbox recently, waiting for it to come out on PC before i start playing again :)

Will also find it hilarious if it launches on Epic.

Soldato
Still playing this daily since December! Finished it in January and am flitting between my post game completion saves and my 2nd run through the game, which is in Chapter 5. I just enjoy the game too much and find it relaxing. It's a shame Rockstar decided to nerf the visuals on single player though so I'm tempted to reinstall the game and just play without my PS4 Pro hooked upto the net - not like I even use online for the console anyway.

Looking forwards to the PC Epic game launcher exclusive!

Soldato
Still playing this daily since December! Finished it in January and am flitting between my post game completion saves and my 2nd run through the game, which is in Chapter 5. I just enjoy the game too much and find it relaxing. It's a shame Rockstar decided to nerf the visuals on single player though so I'm tempted to reinstall the game and just play without my PS4 Pro hooked upto the net - not like I even use online for the console anyway.

They nerfed the visuals? :|

Soldato
Still playing it since December and still amazed by it. Haven't even finished it yet as I took a little break from it close to the end of Chapter 3 but will surely go back to do absolutely everything I can:D

I'm not sure what they did to the visuals and the whole lack of AO as my game surely doesn't look like some of the comparison screenshots. Or I haven't checked properly.

Soldato
They nerfed the visuals? :|
Ambient Occlusion has been removed for some reason to both SP and MP without any explanation afaik. I immediately noticed a difference whilst I was in the latter part of the map.

Still playing it since December and still amazed by it. Haven't even finished it yet as I took a little break from it close to the end of Chapter 3 but will surely go back to do absolutely everything I can:D

I was one of the naysayers as I believed Rockstar couldn’t pull off a great game a second time round as I never thought much of RDR1 post game completion, whereas RDR2 has bags of stuff to do in comparison.

Don’t think I’ve ever played any console game as much as this, not even HZD.

Soldato

pc epic game? whats that?

Soldato
pc epic game? whats that?
I refer to the april fools tease that the PC version is coming on the Epic launcher in late April :)

On a unrelated note, last night I uninstalled RDR2 and reinstalled it so I was on the stock v1.00 version and yes the graphics indeed look way nicer. The shop interiors in Valentines for example, which is where I noticed the downgrade firstly have more defined modelling on the shelf products. Game saves load MUCH faster, and obviously the gold bar exploit is there to play with. The downsides are that upon loading my current saves - the Ardennes DLC Warhorse doesn't exist so you end up with a thoroughbred horsie, which is has poor stats. In addition the map screen is very laggy.

I am contemplating starting a separate save, getting to Chapter 2 and working my way towards the Legendary satchel before utilising the gold exploit and making a hard save there and then. Just incase I want to restart the game.

So just like GTAV on the consoles, the game has steadily had its visuals degrading over updates as I have noticed increased pop-in (animals mostly) with the latest patches alongside the lack of AO that other folks caught on. Maybe they want the future PC version to have a clear visual advantage over the consoles? I don't know to be honest.

Soldato
I refer to the april fools tease that the PC version is coming on the Epic launcher in late April :)

On a unrelated note, last night I uninstalled RDR2 and reinstalled it so I was on the stock v1.00 version and yes the graphics indeed look way nicer. The shop interiors in Valentines for example, which is where I noticed the downgrade firstly have more defined modelling on the shelf products. Game saves load MUCH faster, and obviously the gold bar exploit is there to play with. The downsides are that upon loading my current saves - the Ardennes DLC Warhorse doesn't exist so you end up with a thoroughbred horsie, which is has poor stats. In addition the map screen is very laggy.

I am contemplating starting a separate save, getting to Chapter 2 and working my way towards the Legendary satchel before utilising the gold exploit and making a hard save there and then. Just incase I want to restart the game.

So just like GTAV on the consoles, the game has steadily had its visuals degrading over updates as I have noticed increased pop-in (animals mostly) with the latest patches alongside the lack of AO that other folks caught on. Maybe they want the future PC version to have a clear visual advantage over the consoles? I don't know to be honest.

Maybe it run's slightly smoother with the graphic downgrade , I haven't played it for months since completing the story but it always felt a little clunky maybe they are trying to sacrifice the graphics for smoother gameplay?

Back
Top Bottom