• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Okay got my asrock replacement card and it works great unlike the last one.
Could you guys fill me in with what your lowest stock undervolt is
And what is your overclock mv minimums.
I have a weeks worth of tweaking to catch up on :D

So far I ran timespy at 1200 and 2000, @1120mv, with running clocks of 1975 and a score of 9739 (9755 gpu score)

I did a complete stock run at 990mv also
Got 8944 timespy score.

Glad to see you have a working card, nice results on timespy.

1120mv at 2000mhz isn't bad at all with 1200 memory. as for undervolt, the lowest I can go is 930mv timespy and heaven with out crash, any lower like 925mv I get sparkles.
I normaly run stock speed at 950mv as like to keep a margin, don't want to damage card under volting either.

Associate

So far I ran timespy at 1200 and 2000, @1120mv, with running clocks of 1975 and a score of 9739 (9755 gpu score)

Got 8944 timespy score.

Great that your new card is working fine. Also nice scores !

Can you tell us which clocks vs voltage combinations are game stable for your new card ?!

Soldato
Glad to see you have a working card, nice results on timespy.

1120mv at 2000mhz isn't bad at all with 1200 memory. as for undervolt, the lowest I can go is 930mv timespy and heaven with out crash, any lower like 925mv I get sparkles.
I normaly run stock speed at 950mv as like to keep a margin, don't want to damage card under volting either.
Great that your new card is working fine. Also nice scores !

Can you tell us which clocks vs voltage combinations are game stable for your new card ?!
I haven't fiddled much just for an hour now But game stable at 1000mv @1900mhz and 1200mhz, haven't tried lower mv yet.
Just super happy it works properly

Associate
Will try lower mv with this setting, and 2000 core tomorrow also with lower mv than the 1200mv I've tried already
Glad to hear the asrock card is working well. Its going to be interesting to see how far water will get the cards for daily gaming clocks. If I get to 2000mhz for around 1000mv that wouldn't be bad. The lower running temps reduce leakage so time will tell for me. I'll keep the page updated on what EKWB tell me for anyone thinking about using water.

Soldato
Glad to hear the asrock card is working well. Its going to be interesting to see how far water will get the cards for daily gaming clocks. If I get to 2000mhz for around 1000mv that wouldn't be bad. The lower running temps reduce leakage so time will tell for me. I'll keep the page updated on what EKWB tell me for anyone thinking about using water.
This with a water block will be absolutely amazing, in between 2080 and 80ti.
2200 core maybe more with an increased power limit 1300 hbm or maybe a tad more with temps all under control

Associate
This with a water block will be absolutely amazing, in between 2080 and 80ti.
2200 core maybe more with an increased power limit 1300 hbm or maybe a tad more with temps all under control
I run my Vega 64 daily @ 1677mhz, 1120mv with 1100mhz hbm +50% power limit. Struggles to get to 35c, hot spot 50c lol. Just gives an idea how beneficial a water block can be! My fans are running at 800rpm on the rads with my d5 running at speed 2/5. So no noise difference from desktop idle to hardcore 4k gaming. Might be worth thinking if its something you'd consider as an option for you.

Permabanned

Got 8944 timespy score.

That's great news, Who sorted out the exchange for you? I'm wondering if I can get the same deal rather than a refund.

Soldato
That's great news, Who sorted out the exchange for you? I'm wondering if I can get the same deal rather than a refund.
I just called them for the rma number and asked if the replacement can be any make as I don't mind. Then when the rma was decided I was due a replacement I called again to make sure my request of a different manufacturer was noted and he sorted it from the phone.

Permabanned
I just called them for the rma number and asked if the replacement can be any make as I don't mind. Then when the rma was decided I was due a replacement I called again to make sure my request of a different manufacturer was noted and he sorted it from the phone.

Okay, Mine's being picked up today as a return & refund so I'll phone & ask if it's possible for me as I'd rather that than end up buying something else, Cheers.

Permabanned
Is worth it these radeon 7s are special, I annoyed my friend with a 2080ti by running bf5 at 4k maxed everything, faster than him lol

They're definitely good cards, On release they were everything AMD didn't want them to be just in time to make mostly negative release reviews, It boggles the mind how they manage to consistently mess up product day releases, A week or so after the reviews were done we got a driver update that fixed things so yeah I'd definitely prefer to have a VII but if they don't offer me a choice & I'm stuck with a long wait for £650 stock to come in I might grab a 2080 as I've seen a few of those at a good price compared to the VII.

Associate
They're definitely good cards, On release they were everything AMD didn't want them to be just in time to make mostly negative release reviews, It boggles the mind how they manage to consistently mess up product day releases, A week or so after the reviews were done we got a driver update that fixed things so yeah I'd definitely prefer to have a VII but if they don't offer me a choice & I'm stuck with a long wait for £650 stock to come in I might grab a 2080 as I've seen a few of those at a good price compared to the VII.
Currently 3 Asrock cards in stock, ask if you can come to an arrangement on one of those? After that UK stock doesn't exist.
Caseking.de do currently have stock in Germany, even the sapphire card. Just a matter of its 829 euro!

Lev

Lev

Associate
No luck on my RMA replacement (it was confirmed a bad card [Sapphire Radeon VII] though). They are refunding my purchase due to not having stock, so I'll be on the hunt for another card.

Back
Top Bottom