Please spec Mrs Sexy a car

Man of Honour
At the moment she has a Ford Fiesta 1.2 and is looking to upgrade.
She is looking at a Ford B Max but any good reasons why she shouldn't go for this?
Or spec something similar please.

Another thing is I will use this for gigging in my bands but I don't carry big PA gear around now but a bit of extra space will be useful.

She said she will go up to £8 grand.

Thanks

Soldato
Even a focus sized estate? My better half also has a fiesta but quite happily drives my Focus estate despite "not liking big cars....:rolleyes:".

The boot of the hatch is crap for the size of car, the estate has a decent shape and overall size, I manage to fit a cocker spaniel in a cage plus kid stuff in it relatively easily.

She also looked at the Bmax once upon a time, but absolutely hated it once she had a proper poke around the car.

Man of Honour
OP
We've been out all day looking at cars and the Ford B Max has come out favourite.
The only problem now is do we go Ecoboost 1.0 or 1.4?
My mind tells me the Ecoboost will be exerted a lot compared to the 1.4!

Caporegime
I thought OCUK would be all over this, I'm shocked.

You'll probably find most stay away because of things like this...

Estate's are out, she would never drive my Ford Mondeo Estate that I got rid of last year.

Pointless and irrational prejudice of types of cars is all too common when it comes to speccing cars for women on here (and some men tbh) so once bitten twice shy and all that.

The focus estate for example is only 200mm longer than the focus which is by no means a big car (it's officially a Compact car). It has about twice the boot capacity of the B-Max. It's a much more useful vehicle for the requirements you specified. Great for sticking dogs in the back of (not sure if you have any!).

The B-Max is a mini MPV. Basically designed for carting around kids and elderly relatives.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The B-Max is a mini MPV. Basically designed for carting around kids and elderly relatives.

Exactly, she's a 60 year old woman and I will be able to get two keyboards, two guitars, keyboard stand, a couple of boxes and an amp in it.
I would have preferred something bigger but she is the one who has to drive it 99% of the time and getting it into small school car parks.

Back
Top Bottom