iPhone 7 - putting music onto it

Associate
iTunes for windows used to be pants but I don’t have any issues with it anymore. In fact I quite like it. I must admit I don’t understand the hate for syncing content via iTunes and iCloud for me it just works perfectly and it’s so simple

Soldato
An app like iTunes does work better for managing a large collection of music.

Especially if you use things like smart playlists to switch up the music that you have on your device. Sod trying to manage that via windows explorer.

Either way Spotify and Apple Music have basically made MP3s redundant for 95% of people that actually pay for their music.

The majority of people that use MP3s these days download them illegally, the rest buy cds.

I should note that I know not everyone uses mp3s and there are other better codecs available but the term to most people just means a music file.

Soldato
It boggles my mind the number of people prepared to be ripped £120pa to merely rent and never own their music. You have to pay the fee forever to be able to continue to listen. And once you’ve already committed a lot of time and money into paying for that service, it becomes harder and harder to leave it. It’s a form of Stockholm syndrome.

Associate
It boggles my mind the number of people prepared to be ripped £120pa to merely rent and never own their music. You have to pay the fee forever to be able to continue to listen. And once you’ve already committed a lot of time and money into paying for that service, it becomes harder and harder to leave it. It’s a form of Stockholm syndrome.

The way I see it £120 would buy you 15 new albums z year or you can pay that and have access to thousands of albums, playlists and music videos. It’s the same with streaming services such as Netflix but I don’t hear as many people complain about that

Soldato
The way I see it £120 would buy you 15 new albums z year or you can pay that and have access to thousands of albums, playlists and music videos. It’s the same with streaming services such as Netflix but I don’t hear as many people complain about that

15 new albums a year is an awful lot of new music every year!

I wouldn’t pay for Netflix either. There’s already far too much to watch on terrestrial TV never mind paying for more content!

Soldato
It’s really not, it’s one album every 4 weeks or so.

Given that the numbers or artists and genres has skyrocketed these days you 15 albums a year isn’t even going to touch the sides.

Also a streaming service let’s you listen to a far wider selection of music than you ever could buying physical. You will also discover a much wider range of artists which is only a good thing.

There are also AD supported businesss models so the upfront cost is actually very low.

Associate
15 new albums a year is an awful lot of new music every year!

I wouldn’t pay for Netflix either. There’s already far too much to watch on terrestrial TV never mind paying for more content!

The only scheduled programming I watch is football. I love being able to watch tv shows at my own pace without ads

Soldato
Interesting reading this thread - an awful lot of old school computer users up against the modern way of doing things, sure there is pro/cons to both, but it just shows how easy humans get stuck in their ways - the world would be a better place if we accepted change easier.

I'm personally of the age that I started using computers in the 80's so lived through tapes, cd's, old school mp3 players etc to where we are now - but I've never found the new way of doing stuff a problem, but then i was always a nerd so could use software pretty easily - I find file manager now and dragging music into folders abit dumb considering how easy it is otherwise via itunes etc (just syncs)

Soldato
Interesting reading this thread - an awful lot of old school computer users up against the modern way of doing things, sure there is pro/cons to both, but it just shows how easy humans get stuck in their ways - the world would be a better place if we accepted change easier.

I'm personally of the age that I started using computers in the 80's so lived through tapes, cd's, old school mp3 players etc to where we are now - but I've never found the new way of doing stuff a problem, but then i was always a nerd so could use software pretty easily - I find file manager now and dragging music into folders abit dumb considering how easy it is otherwise via itunes etc (just syncs)

I find the people who want file managers are also the same people who want micro SD cards, removable batteries and 3.5mm headphones jacks.

There's just something about a certain group of people who can't move on to a modern way of doing things.

Associate
Well i am 41 in a few weeks time so went throught the haslse of ripping CD's to play on my MP3 player, dragging and dropping files from one device to another. I personally havent had a CD / DVD player in my PXC for best part of 7 years now. Also haveny own a DVD / blue ray player for about 5 years. My phone and iPad sync wirelessly with itunes (TV SHows + Movies) and ewith all my Apple Music Sub i dont even have to worry about syncing music .Thanks to iTunes, Amazon and Netflix i also have no Ddust catchers on the shelves and i am not limited to the BBC for add free viewing. Managing my entertainment content has never been easier :)

Soldato
I see no issue with people wanting options to do things. For example I use Spotify for general listening and discovery, but still buy physical media for stuff I want to keep. This is then ripped and synced via iTunes to my XR. I also take advantage of the iCloud syncing across devices, but still take copies of photos I want to keep offline to our NAS.

I still don’t understand why the phone doesn’t have a headphone jack... again options. Now I have to use an adaptor to listen to music via my DT770 pros with amp... why?? Saying that my little Anker Soundbud slim Bluetooth headphones are pretty good on the move.

Back
Top Bottom