**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Your expectations are obviously set too high - what else were you expecting?

Maybe for the best part of another £1000 thrown at Samsung, something a bit more than another rehash of last years/year before that/year before that's device......

There is nothing new on the S10 apart from maybe the ultrawide camera, that's going to change your day to day mobile usage from an S8, S9 or Note 8/9.

- More storage, why when we have micros SD slots...
- Ultrawide camera, OK, fair enough, nice add on
- More RAM, why? It's a phone, it doesn't need it...Nobody will ever notice the difference
- Screen, OK, if that extra minimal % increase is worth a grand....fine :D

Got my old S6 Edge Plus out the other day and it felt just as fast as my Note 8 and the camera was pretty much on par.

I'm all for innovation but there is very little here IMO. Everyone on here loves technology, it's why we're on this forum, but there comes a point where the cost vs gain is pathetic and we're pretty much at that stage now.

Caporegime
800rrp
That equates to moving from 10ppm deal I'm
on now to 38ppm (when I could sell. My s7 for 120 shaving 5ppm)

Its a lot of extra cash for a camera improvement.

But that's the cost of new phones I guess .
I'm in the camp unless a new use case from phone comes along I'll stick with buying a new Phone when mine breaks

Last edited:
Soldato
S10 all looks lovely. But unfortunately with so many competitors offering similar products at easily half the cost the S10 range will sell very poorly. Facing facts they don't have a fan base anywhere close to that of apple and the also iinsanely priced iPhones

Associate
I don't see me buying Samsung again any time soon. I have a Note 8 at the moment, sold the dream of 'premium performance' blah blah. Ran 3DMark on my phone some time after getting it and was shocked to find it languishing very low down in the charts... then I discovered there were two variants, Snapdragon and Exynos. Basically, Europe gets shafted with these crap Exynos units while US and China (+more?) get the premium Snapdragon. Deceitful in my opinion.

Still showing on the 3DMark compare list as on average being about 1000 points less than the Snapdragon one.

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be an Entry for a Note 9 Exynos in the compare list, either no-one with one of those has run the benchmark (unlikely?) or its being blocked from the results list? What do you think?
** EDIT **
There is an entry, just didn't spot it, and like the Note 8 its about 1000 points or more below the Snapdragon variant.
** EDIT **

So bear that in mind before hitting that pre-order button.

Associate
Camera Night mode at least.
According to c:net it has something like that, doesn't sound like quite the same thing though:

Bright Night low-light mode: Samsung says this automatically applied feature will make low-light photos crisper. Unlike the Pixel 3's astounding Night Sight mode, this is built-in, not something you have to tap to turn on.

Soldato
I don't see me buying Samsung again any time soon. I have a Note 8 at the moment, sold the dream of 'premium performance' blah blah. Ran 3DMark on my phone some time after getting it and was shocked to find it languishing very low down in the charts... then I discovered there were two variants, Snapdragon and Exynos. Basically, Europe gets shafted with these crap Exynos units while US and China (+more?) get the premium Snapdragon. Deceitful in my opinion.

Still showing on the 3DMark compare list as on average being about 1000 points less than the Snapdragon one.

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be an Entry for a Note 9 Exynos in the compare list, either no-one with one of those has run the benchmark (unlikely?) or its being blocked from the results list? What do you think?
** EDIT **
There is an entry, just didn't spot it, and like the Note 8 its about 1000 points or more below the Snapdragon variant.
** EDIT **

So bear that in mind before hitting that pre-order button.

benchamarks mean very little in real world...

Soldato
According to c:net it has something like that, doesn't sound like quite the same thing though:

Bright Night low-light mode: Samsung says this automatically applied feature will make low-light photos crisper. Unlike the Pixel 3's astounding Night Sight mode, this is built-in, not something you have to tap to turn on.

I was just about to post this, cheers - looking forward to seeing the results.

Associate
S10 all looks lovely. But unfortunately with so many competitors offering similar products at easily half the cost the S10 range will sell very poorly. Facing facts they don't have a fan base anywhere close to that of apple and the also iinsanely priced iPhones

Samsung still are still by far the leaders in the market with apple, but it is true that sales are decreasing due to more affordable alternatives from competitors. I think this has forced Samsung and Apple to offer "cheaper" alternatives in the S10e and XR.

5ewuKxp.jpg.gif

Soldato
I think it's a very good launch, the way they've approached the 3 handsets, specs and most of all pricing I think they've got things pretty much spot on.

At this stage we're literally going to basically see incremental improvements so I really don't know what people really expected who are underwhelmed or disappointed.

Saying that the technology behind the finger print scanner under the screen is sound, can be used with the screen off and looks pretty quick indeed.

I'll be sticking with my Pixel 3 considering I picked it up so cheap (£369) but I think they've done well here.

Caporegime
I think it's a very good launch, the way they've approached the 3 handsets, specs and most of all pricing I think they've got things pretty much spot on.

At this stage we're literally going to basically see incremental improvements so I really don't know what people really expected who are underwhelmed or disappointed.

Saying that the technology behind the finger print scanner under the screen is sound, can be used with the screen off and looks pretty quick indeed.

I'll be sticking with my Pixel 3 considering I picked it up so cheap (£369) but I think they've done well here.

Underwhelmed but not Dissapointed .
Like said. What else is there to do without a paradigm shift or some brand new tech coming out.

Phones haven't been able to. (for me) compare or compete with games Consoles. And nothing else will push the hardware .
If you don't push the ram and cpu anything from s7 era onwards is plenty

Soldato
Shame there is no trade in for a note 9. I got mine for free in a Samsung QLED tv deal so its not a big a deal for me upgrading to a S10+ from that.

Associate
I am really wanting to see a performance review of the 4100mAH battery on the S10+. If it lasts comfortably a day, I am in. The S9 just does not for me, so the battery lasting a day or two on the S10+ would be a major selling point, I think it would have me purchasing. Need reviews!

Soldato
Would never sell anything over £100 on eBay, 10% fees, full of crooks, scammers and eBay/PayPal always side with the buyer
As someone who sells on ebay paypal have always sided with me as the seller. You just need to know how to talk to them and be sensible in your approach of selling the item ( tracking info, pictures to show the quality of the item ect ) and your fine.

Back
Top Bottom