New model fiesta ST? Worth it?

Caporegime
If were talking about mk7 Fiesta ST or even budget of 14k, you thought about considering even the Focus ST? You could get the bigger brother for that price range or other hot-hatches around that budget.

Fiesta ST is as quick and more fun to drive, Focus is a bit of a heavy lump.

The ST200 has improved suspension, steering, an LSD, a bit more power and shorter gear ratios. It probably is worth it since it will hold it's value a lot better.

They only come in primer grey though :p

ST200 doesn't get a mechanical LSD just torque vectoring like the normal car. Normal STs got the same suspension improvements at the same time as the ST200 came out. A stiffer rear torsion bar so they could make the suspension a little softer.

Soldato
Personally I've got my eye on the new polo GTI+. That can be had new for around 21k but it comes down to whether or not I can justify 21k on a Polo when there is so much much nearly new that can be had for that money, but I am after a performance supermini so I'm limited I suppose. How much is the new Fiesta out of interest?

Associate
Soldato
TBH I don't see it as any different than someone spending that on a Polo :p

I bet the mad Yaris is a lot more fun too! It's also pretty rare.

But yep, you can get a lot more car for 22k buying used.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Too small for me, I'd be downgrading enough from Golf for Fiesta without having to drive a portable matchbox!

Ford always seems the more reasonable price, I'd like the Polo GTI but from watching reviews and such, the fiesta seems more of an enthusiast car.

Caporegime
Associate
Too small for me, I'd be downgrading enough from Golf for Fiesta without having to drive a portable matchbox!

Ford always seems the more reasonable price, I'd like the Polo GTI but from watching reviews and such, the fiesta seems more of an enthusiast car.
Portable matchbox that be quick and nimble around country roads, don't see how the fiesta ST could be more enthusiast car than the GRMN when the Yaris is tuned and modified by Toyota GRMN out of the box.
The Fiesta ST would appeal more to car enthusiast as there will more likely be more out on road and people will modify them but if that isn't your cup of tea then on paper the Yaris would be seen as the out of the box enthusiast car that is ready to be taken out to be driven fast.

Of course if that is if you're after something newish price, used market as mention in my previous post there are plenty of options to choose, i'm sure the previous Fiesta ST is fun car to drive(not driven one) but of course be open to other alternatives.
You could even get a Focus Titanium X 1.6 which has the same engine as the fiesta ST I believe?

I know you can get bigger powered car for the money than the Yaris but the price is because of the limited release.

The debate reminds me of the whole why buy GT86/BRZ when there is xyz car that is faster, they offer amazing driving experience and car is already been pre-setup in mind of enthusiast.
All the hot-hatches are still based on their normal hatchback counterparts(This obviously applies the Yaris aswell) while the GT86/BRZ is its own one platform.

Despite owning a Mazda 3MPS which is faster than GT86, the most fun and pure driving experience i've had was in my GT86.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bet you'd lose less money on the Yaris than the ST, they're all just super minis anyway so no difference spending 20k on a polo or a yaris really they're all the exact same class of car just the top spec of each.

Back
Top Bottom